This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Too many games?

#1HenryKissigerPosted 3/5/2013 9:21:19 AM
Do you think there are too many videogames nowadays? Research suggests that most people will only ever play less than 4% of a console's entire library of games.

Thank you, and God bless.
#2Mindwipe77Posted 3/5/2013 9:23:43 AM
i think that yes there are wayy too many games that release at the same time and its a hard hobby to keep up with, but i do like that there are alot of diff choices when buying games because of that. But yeah too many new games come out at once sometimes and it makes it seem that its overwhelming. Then we got ps4 later this year and all the ps4 games to add on top of it AND 720
---
Now playing-DCUO, Sonic Transformed,Fire Emblem Awakening
Waiting for-Lightning Returns,Injustice CE,PS4
#3Arucard05Posted 3/5/2013 9:24:12 AM
There's too much of everything out there, and if I think too long about the fact that I won't live long enough to read all the books I want to read, play all the games I want to play, watch all the movies I want to watch....

Oh....oh god.....

Let's talk about something else.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
It's better than bad.
#4SunDevil77Posted 3/5/2013 9:26:08 AM
When has variety ever been a negative?
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson
#5MR_SorenPosted 3/5/2013 9:28:46 AM(edited)
Quote:Do you think there are too many videogames nowadays? Research suggests that most people will only ever play less than 4% of a console's entire library of games.

Thank you, and God bless.

@HenryKissiger

Generally speaking, I think there is too much of everything. Music, movies, games, TV shows, books, etc. I appreciate the variety, but I do have to skip a lot of things.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
Blog: http://www.red-grenade.com
#6pakathecatPosted 3/5/2013 9:27:22 AM
There is always room for one more! The more, the merrier!!

...Seriously though, I'd rather have that problem than the opposite. If the market can support them, GREAT! It means more niche stuff I may enjoy that might not have been developed otherwise.

True, I'm hopelessly backlogged, but then, same thing with books-- I'll never be able to read everything I want to in the library of the university I work for, even if I retired now and lived to 90. Doesn't mean I wouldn't want them to exist!
#7TheBlueStigPosted 3/5/2013 10:01:28 AM
SunDevil77 posted...

When game developers are pushing so many games onto the market at once and not making any money and going out of business.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#8JascoDPosted 3/5/2013 10:28:40 AM
True. but really, what can you do about it?

Just play the games you want in your own pace.

Also, thanks to so many games being release constantly is the reason why you can buy all these new ones for half price in the coming 2 months.
---
Itchy Tasty!
#9vigorm0rtisPosted 3/5/2013 10:31:50 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

When game developers are pushing so many games onto the market at once and not making any money and going out of business.

This is more of a consequence of gaming entering the mainstream than anything else. Seriously, the difference now is that we've heard of devs before they go out of business. Before, one bomb, dev goes belly up, hardly anyone noticed.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#10plincoln21Posted 3/5/2013 10:40:27 AM
yes there are too many games. but balance that out with the fact that a large percetnage of games are either shovel-ware or directed at a very narrow target audience i.e. kinnect, family games, kids games, movie tie ins.

that leaves a more manageable chunk that I would consider a core library.
---
Talk to me Goose