This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

NiGHTS worth getting?

#11gamefreak918273645Posted 3/6/2013 1:11:41 AM
I saw a video of this game. Why do people love it so much? Am I missing something?
---
GT- KILLER KNIGHT 1
"I also have my own achievables. See Bleep Bloop." - Caboose
#12SiO4Posted 3/6/2013 1:48:59 AM
gamefreak918273645 posted...
I saw a video of this game. Why do people love it so much? Am I missing something?

It's a lighthearted one of a kind game with great music, some challenge, and a cute heart warming ending.
---
"Whatever the reason you're on Mars, I'm glad you're there, and I wish I was with you." ~Carl Sagan.
Currently playing: Flight Simulator X.~PC
#13devlkorePosted 3/6/2013 2:32:34 AM
Anyone that doesn't have NiGHTS should get it. It's an amazing game.
---
Gamertag: Mad Mistress
[AH3:Weiss(kinda, I'm still new)] [BBCS:Robo-Friends] [MVC3:Hulk/Akuma/Sentinel] [WFC:Scout/Scientist] [SF4:LOL]
#14FishbulbPosted 3/6/2013 2:43:27 AM
I loved it back in the day, but if you don't have fond memories of playing it - I'd pass. It's really dated and will make no sense without context.

Awesome music though.
---
Broadcasting your religious faith in a sig is obnoxious. All who agree copy/paste this sig.
#15SunDevil77Posted 3/6/2013 5:21:44 AM
Quote:I loved it back in the day, but if you don't have fond memories of playing it - I'd pass. It's really dated and will make no sense without context.

Awesome music though.

@Fishbulb
Yeah, TC, I guess nostalgia took me over. Try the demo first at least.

On an unrelated note I would kill to see Nights in Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson
#16DyingPancakePosted 3/6/2013 5:47:52 AM
TheRob posted...
Honestly, I never saw the appeal in that game. It looked stupid to me growing up and it looks stupid now. I played the original game a while ago and hated it, but it's been a while and I forgot exactly why. So I played the demo of it and was bored to tears quickly. It just seems like an awful game to me.

I trust this opinion more than the one's saying "buy it now"

I had the same problem with Beyond Good and Evil. Never played it and thought it looked kinda boring, but when it came onto XBLA everyone kept saying how good it was. I decided to trust their opinion when the game went on sale. What a waste of money
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#17MachineZedPosted 3/6/2013 6:05:20 AM
I tried the demo, and didn't understand what was actually going on in the game. I didn't see how to 'progress' in the demo. So there was no point in me buying it.
Try the demo and see if you like it.
#18FishbulbPosted 3/6/2013 7:41:27 AM
MachineZed posted...
I tried the demo, and didn't understand what was actually going on in the game. I didn't see how to 'progress' in the demo. So there was no point in me buying it.

The thing is.. it's more of a skills-based racing game than a platformer.

You are encouraged to rack up combos of loops and gates, then cash them in for maximum points, on a 3D fixed-rail track.

The game explains nothing and it's confusing as heck.
---
Broadcasting your religious faith in a sig is obnoxious. All who agree copy/paste this sig.
#19ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 3/6/2013 7:47:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQnClqCSIfk
---
http://www.youtube.com/ALMIGHTYCHEEKS
#20SheepinatorPosted 3/6/2013 7:55:57 AM
MachineZed posted...

I haven't tried the demo yet but from what I read in reviews, the games lack of explanation is its worst failing. It's something like having to collect 20 whatevers which lets you get onto the next track, and there are four tracks to a level, then there's a boss which the game gives you no clues how to beat and if you fail you have restart the level (classic Japanese learn2checkpoint design school failing there...). But aside from that, it sounds interesting and quite unique and I'll definitely check it out before the sale expires.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.