This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Poll: Which RPG do you prefer - Dark Souls or Skyrim?

#1Lord_TenseEyePosted 3/5/2013 5:30:13 PM
Pretty much asking which one you think is the better game here. - Results (134 votes)
Dark Souls
41.79% (56 votes)
Skyrim
58.21% (78 votes)
This poll is now closed.
^See above. I am aware that the games are quite different from one another. I'm just curious. I've beaten both.
#2RycerXPosted 3/5/2013 5:38:33 PM(edited)
A year ago I would have said Skyrim, but I can't go back through that again like I can Dark Souls. Once you've seen and done everything there is to do (granted, it does take a while), TES is more of a finite experience compared to Dark Souls. The idea is that their next game will hopefully be rolling around by the time you're finally finished. Like you say, they are wildly different games, and each do their own sub-genre justice, but Dark Souls is the one I still enjoy playing just as much as the day I bought it.
#3chrcolPosted 3/5/2013 5:40:08 PM
own both but not had chance to play either yet.
#4GuideToTheDarkPosted 3/5/2013 5:43:52 PM
TC, If you get me Dark Souls, I can properly answer the poll!
---
Before all else you must build muscle. Then you must become hero to children everywhere.
#5WinternovaPosted 3/5/2013 5:46:07 PM
It's an "RPG poll" where the two options are an RPG and an action game?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#6shawnmckPosted 3/5/2013 5:57:12 PM(edited)
Dark Souls is very loosely a RPG, and I wouldn't really put it in the same category of Skyrim...but whatever.

DS is more of an Action game with some RPG elements.
Skyrim is a full out RPG with some Action elements.

I personally prefer Dark Souls, but I don't really consider it an "RPG."
At least not in the traditional sense.
That would be like calling Borderlands an "RPG."

But whatever...no harm, no foul.
#7Lord_TenseEye(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 6:13:55 PM(edited)
Winternova posted...
It's an "RPG poll" where the two options are an RPG and an action game?

Please read what I said in the first post. If I were to say why I made the poll now, the whole point of the poll would be defeated.

I will post the reason for making the poll once there's a good number of votes in.

EDIT = That being said, it has all the makings that are found in RPG games (leveling up, different character classes, different types of weapons and armor (loot), etc.)
#8HandGodPosted 3/5/2013 6:19:21 PM
My tolerance for hard modes seems to be going down, so naturally I prefer a relaxing stroll through Skyrim where the worst the game can conjure up is accidentally running into a Dragon Priest. I don't fault Souls, as I honestly haven't given it that much of a chance to wow me; I'm really not that far into it.
#9Just_The_TipPosted 3/5/2013 6:34:07 PM
I want to be cool and say Dark Souls, but I have to go with Skyrim.

I liked Dark Souls, but its a much tougher game to come back to whenever other games distract you, which happens to me often.
---
Bernard, don't be a tuna head
#10velvet_hammerPosted 3/5/2013 6:37:11 PM
Souls series craps all over skyrim
---
"I think outside the box, to put you inside of a box, like a crossword puzzle" who said this?