This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What in your opinion was the most IMPROVED sequel of all-time???

#1BBBanks03Posted 3/5/2013 7:31:46 PM
This of course would span all generations. Basically a game that started out decent, maybe showed some promise, but never really left much of an impression... and then its follow-up came out only to BLOW YOU AWAY.

I've been thinking along the lines of Mega Man 2, possibly Mass Effect 2, although I did miss SOME of the RPG elements. Assassins Creed 2 and GTA 3 would be good choices too, although I don't really know if I could say GTA 3 was an IMPROVEMENT, being that the previous games were already very solid and enjoyable, the third was really more of an exciting new direction. Then there's of course Uncharted 2... that game might be the one for me. What's yours?
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#2HawkerHurricanePosted 3/5/2013 7:33:50 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3QuBixPosted 3/5/2013 7:34:56 PM
Street Fighter 2. End of topic.
---
XBLive Tag: QuBics
PSN Tag: QuBix
#4BBBanks03(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 7:36:24 PM
QuBix posted...
Street Fighter 2. End of topic.

CRAP! I was LITERALLY about to come back and say the same thing! AND say that's the end of the topic!!
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#5MaxiPower90Posted 3/5/2013 7:39:08 PM
Golden Sun: The Lost Age on GBA

improved on every way..
---
Official Denry of the Pokemon X/Y Message Boards
#6Robin_MaskPosted 3/5/2013 7:39:53 PM
Adding another one to the list:

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#7glassghost0Posted 3/5/2013 7:42:14 PM(edited)
Assassin's Creed 2

That's just an example but the real answer would have to GTA 3
---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428
#8arrseeteePosted 3/5/2013 7:41:56 PM
Portal 2.
/topic
---
Happy Holidays Faqs :D
#9Dyno_StormPosted 3/5/2013 7:43:10 PM
I'm not gonna go with the "most improved sequel of all-time" moniker because there are plenty of titles worthy of such praise, but one sequel that stood out to me was DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2 for the PS2. It covered the entire series and movies. Plus certain characters (ie Androids) were given traits to individualize them from the rest of the cast. I still prefer it over DBZ BT3 just because it's full of content. It was one of the few sequels that made me proud to be a fan.

Honorable mention: Pokémon Gold & Silver, Super Smash Bros Melee, Halo 2 (all I can think of right now).
---
GT: DynoStorm
#10Arucard05Posted 3/5/2013 7:43:45 PM
Just Case 2 took an ok game and made a great game.
Red Steel 2 took a bad game and made a good game.
Uncharted 2 took a good game and made one of the best games of all time.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
It's better than bad.