This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What in your opinion was the most IMPROVED sequel of all-time???

#141scoobydoobydontPosted 3/6/2013 9:11:42 AM
Nemerlight posted...
Mass Effect 2. I didnt even like original but sequel was my favorite game that year.

Funny, I feel the exact opposite... well, the topic does call for opinions I guess...
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#142miserable247365Posted 3/6/2013 9:21:21 AM
Metal Gear Solid 2. I didn't really like the original, at least at that point in time, and only tried the second because it looked amazing and there weren't many big titles on PS2 at the time. MGS2 made me enjoy the original much more, and it improved upon it in every way possible.
#143Mutant1988Posted 3/6/2013 9:21:44 AM
Timesplitters 2.
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#1444sakuraHa0Posted 3/6/2013 9:37:00 AM
BBBanks03 posted...
4sakuraHa0 posted...
Rockman/Megaman 2
Street Fighter 2
Resident Evil 2
Suikoden 2

Dang, I can't believe 3 of the best games that I just mentioned come from the game company that I hate currently.

So do I, but man were they the tops back in the day. There was a time when they were literally incapable of making a bad game.

Lol, almost spill my drink when I read that part.
That's a good one.
---
If someone post "I don't care", they actually care VERY much.
If they DON'T care, they WON'T bother posting.
#145TILlegion777Posted 3/6/2013 9:39:38 AM(edited)
If you're willing the count it, the change from the old school Dragon Age to Origins was pretty massive. Fallout 3 from Fallout 2 is, from a technical standpoint even if you don't like the gameplay, a massive improvement. King's Field too was massively improved on in Demon's Souls, although that's even easier to dismiss as not a sequel. Red Dead Redemption might fit that too, although I never played Revolver.

I do think those are the only real answers though, games that have skipped several generations and/or been completely rebuilt from the ground up. While a lot of other games might be able to take the cake for best improvements in the shortest amount of time, those games that have simply had such a long period of time between the old and the new where simple technical improvements along have been massive.
---
Yeah, I'm that idiot with the stupid signature. Fat-roll Kirk is the only true build.
Official Longsword of the Dark Souls boards
#146CorneliusNeposPosted 3/6/2013 9:45:13 AM
Street Fighter II, obviously, however I believe honourable mentions should go to both Dead or Alive 2 and Dragon Quest 2.
#147BBBanks03(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 9:48:43 AM
4sakuraHa0 posted...
BBBanks03 posted...
4sakuraHa0 posted...
Rockman/Megaman 2
Street Fighter 2
Resident Evil 2
Suikoden 2

Dang, I can't believe 3 of the best games that I just mentioned come from the game company that I hate currently.

So do I, but man were they the tops back in the day. There was a time when they were literally incapable of making a bad game.

Lol, almost spill my drink when I read that part.
That's a good one.

Oh yeah?? Considering I said "back in the day," I'm just curious here, excluding Street Fighter 1, tell me about any bad games Capcom made during the NES/SNES era.
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#148yarow12Posted 3/6/2013 9:50:46 AM
Jak II and Daggerfall.
---
Where are all the trees going? o.O
{not changing sig until humanity meets responsibility June 2008}
#149liquidleonx3Posted 3/6/2013 10:01:43 AM
To me, the first Mega Man X. I mean it as a sequel in the overall franchise up to that point. The dashing, wall jumping, armors, chargeable special weapons, graphics, THE ROCKIN' SOUNDTRACK, deeper plot, the faster paced gameplay. It totally blew my mind at 7 years old. Still does at 24. It was as if new life was breathed into the franchise. It remains my favorite of all the games in the franchise. Yes, even above Mega Man 2. Yeah I went there.

On another note, I feel I have to mention Street Fighter II. (The improvements were just amazing)
Devil May Cry 3
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Mario Bros. 3
Grand Theft Auto 3
Zelda III: A Link to the Past
Tekken 3 (This game was/IS phenomenal. I have very fond memories playing this at arcades in the late 90's. *sigh*)
---
{-Official Super Saiyan Mega Man X of Everywhere}
I'm waiting for IGN's review. I grew up with it so they're the only reviewers I trust. - HappyUnicorn101
#150takidigits2005Posted 3/6/2013 10:06:09 AM
RE 4 and Thief 3
---
"I don't hate you for having an opinion. It's just that your opinion is irrelevant to my enjoyment of the game."