This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What in your opinion was the most IMPROVED sequel of all-time???

#191Banana_ManaPosted 3/7/2013 1:46:06 AM
Super Mario Bros. 2...

I jest. Haha

KotOR II...

I jest again... You just can't stop me!
---
An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar. The barman looks at them and says: "Is this some kind of a joke?
#192warhead333Posted 3/7/2013 4:41:28 AM
656stooge posted...
Avvil posted...
No, wait, I got it; Lufia 2.

Not surprised someone said it before me, though it is perhaps a bit sad that only one person did.

Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals.

Is it worth playing the original game first though? I got them recently and I'm wondering if I should skip straight to the sequel or not. Are their stories connected?

Yes, their stories are definitely connected, and while Lufia (story-wise) technically happened after Lufia II, the design of the game accounts for this nicely. While Lufia II is the better game all-around, Lufia should not be overlooked. Play Lufia, then play Lufia II.
#193scoobydoobydontPosted 3/7/2013 4:46:45 AM
pothocket posted...
ME2

Glad to see such a big developer have the balls to simply cut stuff that isn't working rather than re-tool it to hell and back.

Being lazy isn't exactly laudable, but if you're happy...
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#194Agony79Posted 3/7/2013 6:41:13 AM
Super Metroid
Super Mario World
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Castlevania: SOTN
RE4
Metroid Prime
---
I own the mods!
#195jenekiPosted 3/7/2013 9:50:51 AM
Thunderforce sequels. Seriously, Thunderforce 1 to 2 is even more jarring than Street Fighter 1 to 2.
---
Raizing. Psikyo. Toaplan.
#196fiasco86Posted 3/7/2013 10:01:42 AM
To those saying Halo 2: name one thing Halo 2 did better than Halo CE and I will either

A. Explain why it wasn't, in fact, done better OR
B. Name two things it did worse.
---
Halo 1 LAN vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjWnJU2EKY
#197fiasco86Posted 3/7/2013 12:19:04 PM
Nobody?
---
Halo 1 LAN vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjWnJU2EKY
#198AApt24Posted 3/7/2013 4:28:35 PM
What about going from knockout kings to fight night or even better triple play baseball to MVP baseball 05, would that count. I know it's not a direct sequel but EA basically took crappy games and replaced them with great ones.
---
"This Year in Jerusalem."
#199En Sabah NurPosted 3/7/2013 4:53:56 PM
BBBanks03 posted...
This of course would span all generations. Basically a game that started out decent, maybe showed some promise, but never really left much of an impression... and then its follow-up came out only to BLOW YOU AWAY.

I've been thinking along the lines of Mega Man 2, possibly Mass Effect 2, although I did miss SOME of the RPG elements. Assassins Creed 2 and GTA 3 would be good choices too, although I don't really know if I could say GTA 3 was an IMPROVEMENT, being that the previous games were already very solid and enjoyable, the third was really more of an exciting new direction. Then there's of course Uncharted 2... that game might be the one for me. What's yours?

You named some of the biggest ones right there.

I would definitely add Arkham City. The people that think Asylum is better are on drugs. No doubt about it.

I also feel Skyrim kicks the crap out of Oblivion in every area (well, maybe it could use an Arena :P)

Portal 2 is way better than the first. Same with Half Life 2.

Red Dead Redemption is probably the winner based on what it turned the series into. It was incredible.

Mortal Kombat (9) was probably the best MK ever, technically. It re-imagined the series and captured the elements of its glory days.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare may be responsible for what the series has become now, but when it came out it was the best entry in the franchise easily and set the bar at the time. There's a reason CoD is now a yearly series after all.

Going way back, I definitely feel Resident Evil 2 was a huge step above the original game (while RE3 was just kind of a sidestep).
---
INJUSTICE wishlist: Martian Manhunter, Black Adam, Mr. Miracle, Barda, Despero, Swamp Thing, Red Tornado, Blue Beetle, Lobo, Black Manta, Dr. Fate, Mr. Freeze
#200queirotacobellPosted 3/7/2013 4:59:40 PM
Zelda attp
Super metroid
Cod 4
Halo 2
Burnout 3
Smb 3
Pokemon gs
---
Nah hidden stuffs are still in games these days...
you just have to pay for them. Capcom calls them DLC.