This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What in your opinion was the most IMPROVED sequel of all-time???

#21PStrifePosted 3/5/2013 8:22:12 PM
^The first seems much better, AC seems to be full of fetch quests which simply slow down experience after the initial looking variety. Really, this is supposed to be fun? Not sure what other gps are experiencing. Fetch quest after fetch quest to simply advance the actual plot, unimpressive.

Otherwise, Mega Man 2
#22Gobey6Posted 3/5/2013 8:23:33 PM
axelfooley2k5 posted...
im playing batman asylum now.......im suprised to hear city in this topic

i keep hearing people say the first is better and now city is better?

mind = blown

I liked the story and setting and focus of Asylum better.... But as a game with smooth controls and features and content and polish... Arkuam city is a lot better... I had trouble replaying asylum after city just because combat was shallower and my moves were limited... It says something if you feel like such a polished and fantastic game is playing a little wonky because of the sequel
---
"You're never too young to have a Vietnam flashback." --- Gamertag: Gobey6
#23Akiba69Posted 3/5/2013 8:24:26 PM
axelfooley2k5 posted...

mind = blown

I played AC before AA and i feel the same way. While they improved on the fighting for AC i feel that AA is the better game.
#24adam101Posted 3/5/2013 8:28:55 PM
It's definitely between Grand Theft Auto 3 and Street Fighter 2. Both games sparked a genre and are leaps ahead of their prequels. If I had to choose I would go with Street Fighter.
#25stapler87Posted 3/5/2013 8:34:08 PM(edited)
Assassin's Creed 2 this gen.

Hard to say what game as far as all time goes... probably GTA 3 or Super Mario 64. Although I loved the previous Mario (who didn't) and GTA games.
---
"How come when it's us, it's an abortion, and when it's a chicken, it's an omelet?" - George Carlin
#26Arucard05Posted 3/5/2013 8:34:06 PM

mind = blown

I was thinking the same. While there are some things it does better, there are some the first does better as well. In any case it doesn't belong in a topic like this.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
It's better than bad.
#27The-JugglaPosted 3/5/2013 8:35:36 PM
Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner. When the first ZoE came out I was a big fan and the sequel blew my mind.
---
Not Vengeance. Punishment.
PSN: TheJuggla / GT: xlTheJugglalx
#28scoobydoobydontPosted 3/5/2013 8:35:44 PM
I can't think of any game I've ever preferred the sequel over the original. Maybe Quake? Eh...
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#29SirLemontPosted 3/5/2013 8:38:04 PM
Because they were working with a more restrictive setting, the story for Arkham Asylum felt tighter and more cohesive than Arkham City. But with everything else, Arkham City blows Arkham Asylum out the water.
#30DrFeelgood1984Posted 3/5/2013 8:38:29 PM
Super Metroid