This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What in your opinion was the most IMPROVED sequel of all-time???

#31BBBanks03(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 8:43:39 PM
I'm thinking Street Fighter 2 would be my legitimate answer to this topic. I can't think of any other case where you went from a game that was ultimately pretty crappy to one of the greatest games of ALL TIME in a single jump. That's pretty damn impressive.

Actually thinking about giving a special shout-out to Devil May Cry 3. The first game was amazing, sure, but the second was awful. And from there they followed up with one of the best action games ever. And from what I heard, it was made by the same TEAM as number 2??? That's pretty cool.
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#32SunDevil77Posted 3/5/2013 8:44:53 PM
Arucard05 posted...
im playing batman asylum now.......im suprised to hear city in this topic

i keep hearing people say the first is better and now city is better?

mind = blown

I was thinking the same. While there are some things it does better, there are some the first does better as well. In any case it doesn't belong in a topic like this.

Agreed. Asylum has a much better atmosphere, and overall story. At least, in my opinion.

City is still great, and improves on the gameplay and many other things, though.
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson
#33bluehat94Posted 3/5/2013 8:47:34 PM(edited)
I liked the story in City more, I thought the characters were written better, and the ending was amazing, plus, the final boss actually made sense, unlike the disappointing final boss in AA.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#34JockoPosted 3/5/2013 8:54:06 PM
BBBanks03 posted...
I'm thinking Street Fighter 2 would be my legitimate answer to this topic. I can't think of any other case where you went from a game that was ultimately pretty crappy to one of the greatest games of ALL TIME in a single jump. That's pretty damn impressive.

This is really the answer and nothing else comes close. Well said. I'll give credit to GTA3 as a distant second place answer though.
---
The oxygen's leaving my brain!!! --Clucky the Chicken
()===={SWORDSWORDSWORDSWORD> It's my SWORD sword.
#35JamesLoganX10Posted 3/5/2013 8:56:54 PM
NHL 07 the skill stick changed the game forever
---
GamerTag: JamesLoganX10
PSN: JamesLoganX10
#36scoobydoobydontPosted 3/5/2013 8:57:51 PM
How did I forget GTA?? GTA. And now that I think about it, Morrowind and Fallout 3. I was thinking 1->2 transitions only for some reason.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#37pakathecatPosted 3/5/2013 8:58:23 PM
I'll go with Just Cause 2.
#38bluehat94Posted 3/5/2013 9:02:11 PM
Oh yeah, also Fallout: New Vegas.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#39SandOnMyBootPosted 3/5/2013 9:19:18 PM
Street Fighter 2
Devil May Cry 3
Silent Hill 2
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
#40BBBanks03(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 9:25:06 PM
SandOnMyBoot posted...
Street Fighter 2
Devil May Cry 3
Silent Hill 2
Sonic 3 & Knuckles

And now...... what's the pick outta those 4????
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.