This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What in your opinion was the most IMPROVED sequel of all-time???

#51nickoman33Posted 3/5/2013 10:06:12 PM
System Shock -> System Shock 2
Hitman Contracts -> Blood Money
Pandora Tomorrow -> Chaos Theory

Most disappointing?

Deus Ex -> Deus Ex Invisible War
Hitman Blood Money -> Absolution
#52BBBanks03(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 10:09:23 PM
paperotavio posted...
Also, Metal Gear 2 -> Solid.

*jaw drops*
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#53redhotpeppersPosted 3/5/2013 10:17:35 PM
Assassins Creed 2
Mass Effect 2
#54thornphleshPosted 3/5/2013 10:36:06 PM
BBBanks03 posted...
This of course would span all generations. Basically a game that started out decent, maybe showed some promise, but never really left much of an impression... and then its follow-up came out only to BLOW YOU AWAY.

I've been thinking along the lines of Mega Man 2, possibly Mass Effect 2, although I did miss SOME of the RPG elements. Assassins Creed 2 and GTA 3 would be good choices too, although I don't really know if I could say GTA 3 was an IMPROVEMENT, being that the previous games were already very solid and enjoyable, the third was really more of an exciting new direction. Then there's of course Uncharted 2... that game might be the one for me. What's yours?

Surely it is Doomdark's Revenge. The size and scope of it was staggering enough but the degree of improved strategy over the first game was what kept me playing this monster for nearly a week before I had to stop myself.

The first game broke the mold in innovation and pushed everything to the limit that the very idea alone sounded impossible. The sequel is crazy. That an idea so vast and also supported multi player campaign with more than double the map size of the first game with vast legions of the major races controlling five different realms its a wonder that it all fitted snugly into less than 48 kilobytes of memory. Doomdark's Revenge rocked. Only thing I didn't like was the cruel difficulty level. Like all games that were made in that era, this was the only hand holding you would get...the part where it takes you all the way back to the start after 18 hours of play and says 'Ok, let's do this again...from the top'. As a sequel, it was and remains unrivaled in gaming history. If I am not mistaken, it was written by just one guy. But this one guy is like an entire dev team with the smarts to boot.
---
who loves ya baby
#55CRK44Posted 3/5/2013 10:36:36 PM
Robin_Mask posted...
Adding another one to the list:

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

The gap between MGS2 and 3 isn't that bad, but MGS3 was amazing. Absolutely amazing.
---
GT: C IR IK B3AST (those are capital i's)
ALT GT: ceeR0k
#56Res5Posted 3/5/2013 10:50:59 PM
Wild Arms 1 to Wild Arms 2 and then Wild Arms 2 to Wild Arms 3. These games are the perfect example of what it means to improve upon iteration.

Me gusta the Wild Arms series but I've yet to play 4, 5, Alter Code F and I've only just started XF.
---
Welcome....to the next best thing
http://highresgaming.blogspot.com
#57Paragon049Posted 3/5/2013 10:58:40 PM
Super Metroid

Metroid Prime

Red Dead Redemption

GTA 3

Resident Evil 4

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Symphony of the Night

Kirby's Adventure
---
YOU PAID FOR THE WHOLE SEAT, BUT YOU'LL ONLY NEED THE EDGE
#58MaroziPosted 3/5/2013 11:08:06 PM
Suikoden II.

Massive improvement in literally every respect; gameplay, art style, music, storyline, characters.
---
Watch your back. Shoot straight. Conserve ammo. NEVER cut a deal with a dragon. XBox: Oceansouldog
#59AApt24Posted 3/5/2013 11:14:21 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#60LEGEND_725Posted 3/5/2013 11:18:18 PM
King_Akeela posted...
Two worlds 2. It finally became playable. Lol.

This for sure. Also Borderlands 2 is the perfect example of what a sequel should be. Improved upon the first in every way without sacrificing what made the first so fun to begin with.
---
RIP Gamespot 5/21/09 - 5/8/12. . .