This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whats up with my console?

#1StaticPenguinPosted 3/5/2013 9:25:41 PM
I suddenly have lost the ability to connect to XBL. Every time I try to connect, it immediately tells me there's an error and when I try to test the connection, it tells me I need to hook my ethernet cable to my router. It's hooked up, my internet is working correctly and I've tried unplugging the cable and resetting everything just in case and I keep getting the same error.

It was working perfectly fine this morning when I played the first few minutes of Tomb Raider.

Is this a problem with my console or something else?
---
I named him Waggleton P. Tallylicker. I never got the chance to tell him. He will be remembered. ~ Grayson Hunt
#2GGearXPosted 3/5/2013 9:28:32 PM
I think it's your ethernet cable. Double check if it's connected properly.
---
GT: KryDamoure
.............I'm a very shy guy *blushes *.......
#3StaticPenguin(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 9:31:17 PM
GGearX posted...
I think it's your ethernet cable. Double check if it's connected properly.

It is. The part that's plugged into my router is broken(just the small plastic piece that clicks it in not the actual connector) but it's been working fine for 6 years. Hard to believe it's just dead of all sudden especially when it ran fine this morning.
---
I named him Waggleton P. Tallylicker. I never got the chance to tell him. He will be remembered. ~ Grayson Hunt
#4RenamonPosted 3/5/2013 9:36:12 PM
Bad port in router? Try a diff port on router.
Bad router? Hook direct to modem.
Bad ethernet cable? Replace.
Bad xbox? Try using same wire to a PC.
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#5StaticPenguin(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 9:42:14 PM
Im going to chalk it up to a cable or 360. There's no reason for my port to have gone bad out of the blue. My console is old and it's been giving me issues lately like the disc drive no opening and such.

Kinda pissed either way.
---
#6staticxtreme5Posted 3/5/2013 9:45:40 PM
StaticPenguin posted...
Im going to chalk it up to a cable or 360. There's no reason for my port to have gone bad out of the blue. My console is old and it's been giving me issues lately like the disc drive no opening and such.

Kinda pissed either way.

Well if you would do what Renamon posted you would know in a short time what the problem is. Just because you don't think it can be X or Y doesn't mean that it isnt X or Y.
#7StaticPenguin(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 9:47:42 PM
staticxtreme5 posted...
StaticPenguin posted...

Kinda pissed either way.

Well if you would do what Renamon posted you would know in a short time what the problem is. Just because you don't think it can be X or Y doesn't mean that it isnt X or Y.

Well it's certainly not my ports because I just switch my cables around and it's still not working. Looks like I was right. The port that was working this morning is still working.
---
#8StaticPenguin(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 10:10:36 PM
I should have been clearer in my first post, my 360 keeps telling me I need to plug an Ethernet cable into the system. It can't be my ports because if it was, my system would at least acknowledge that the cable was plugged in and go forward with the testing process. It doesn't. It's frustrating.
---