This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How come FPS games never have the scale of TPS games and hack and slash games?

#1mrplasmacutterPosted 3/5/2013 8:46:44 PM
Not a single FPS game has the level of scale and graphical fidelity that Uncharted 3 and God of War 3 have.

FPS games rarely have any sense of verticality.

Imagine if the God of War 3 developers used that same epic environment with those ridiculous graphics and turned it into an FPS game. It would be pretty much the best game ever. No idea why they don't try it out.
#2staticxtreme5Posted 3/5/2013 8:53:30 PM
mrplasmacutter posted...
Not a single FPS game has the level of scale and graphical fidelity that Uncharted 3 and God of War 3 have.

Imagine if the God of War 3 developers used that same epic environment with those ridiculous graphics and turned it into an FPS game. It would be pretty much the best game ever. No idea why they don't try it out.

God of War would be terrible in first person. Platforming is generally harder to do in first person. Also being swarmed by tons of enemies in all directions and having your view locked to straight ahead of you would be painfully annoying. You need to be able to see all around you for games like that to work and not just be a pain in the ass.
#3TheBlueStigPosted 3/5/2013 8:58:42 PM
mrplasmacutter posted...

Best answer is because the developers took time and money away from the singleplayer to focus on multiplayer and focus on milking the consumer on DLC packs until they've paid double for the game.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#4GuitaristMattPosted 3/5/2013 8:58:48 PM
Well the "environment" is usually just a bump map and paintings and stuff. FPS usually do everything in full 3D which is a bit more intense, but you need it because you're shooting crap.
I'm really unsure what you mean with Uncharted 3, because it's pretty much the same. Sounds like an attempt to inspire others to react badly (trolling).
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/cheesystuff.png
i5-3250 GT640m 2GB DDR3 4GB HDD 500GB
#5devlkorePosted 3/6/2013 2:36:58 AM
Far Cry 3 and Dishonored want a word.
---
Gamertag: Mad Mistress
[AH3:Weiss(kinda, I'm still new)] [BBCS:Robo-Friends] [MVC3:Hulk/Akuma/Sentinel] [WFC:Scout/Scientist] [SF4:LOL]
#6DarkSymbiotePosted 3/6/2013 2:54:54 AM
Because looking at many things at once in first-person view (at least the way games do it) will give you a headache.

Just imagine Bayonetta's fights with a generic FP view.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#7staticxtreme5Posted 3/6/2013 3:06:43 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
Because looking at many things at once in first-person view (at least the way games do it) will give you a headache.

Just imagine Bayonetta's fights with a generic FP view.

Not to mention all the flipping and spinning around a lot of characters do in these type games. You wouldn't be able to focus at all with your view spazzing out like that.
#8oasisbeyondPosted 3/6/2013 3:08:42 AM
TC you do know that you are also pulled back from the camera so things can look better too... Uncharted would look pretty bad in fps mode, those textures up close suck :)