This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Snoop Dogg Stars in New Video Game

#1TravarkothPosted 3/6/2013 11:15:35 AM
Snoop Dogg known as Snoop Lion these days will take center stage in a new video game. "Way of the Dogg" will be a combination of musical rhythm and fighting games, described as a "rhythm-action, beat-matching combat experience." Snoop looked to kung-fu and blaxploitation films for inspiration, and though the game bears his Snoop Dogg moniker, the rapper said the game's storyline will explore his own personal journey.

"They've incorporated the journey of my own personal reincarnation as Snoop Lion into my character the environments and the path that players have to follow," said Snoop in a statement reported by The Guardian. "It's not just about who you are or where you've been but where you are headed to."

U.K. game studios Echo Peak and 505 Games are leading the project, and are targeting an April 23rd release on Xbox Live Arcade, Playstation Network, iOS and Android. "The idea of creating an original game concept around [Snoop's] music and love of Seventies kung-fu and blaxploitation movies was a mouthwatering prospect," said Echo Peak's Ciaran Walsh.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/snoop-dogg-stars-in-new-video-game-20130306

I know you all are Snoop Dogg fans.
---
What greater weapon is there than to turn an enemy to your cause? To use their own knowledge against them?
--Bastila Shan
#2Dragon NexusPosted 3/6/2013 11:18:23 AM
Snoop....Lion......

So, he wants to be known as Snoop Lion (gimme a break) but the video game will be called Way of the Dogg.
Seems legit.

Also, dumb-ass rappers need to stop thinking they can philosophise using hallmark sympathy cards.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#3pothocketPosted 3/6/2013 11:19:44 AM
They stole this idea from me. Been saying for years that combos in brawlers would mesh nicely with rhythm/music timing gameplay.

I'm as smart as Snoop Lion
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#4glassghost0Posted 3/6/2013 11:22:22 AM
You don't know how many nights I've laid in bed not being able to sleep peacefully in a world without a music inspired, beat em' up game based on Snoop Dogg's life.

Day 1 purchase
---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428
#5homestylesPosted 3/6/2013 11:26:16 AM
The real question is, what will the next evolution of the Snoop species produce? Snoop Eagle? Snoop Shark? Snoop T.Rex? I think we can all agree that playing a game called "Snoop T.Rex" should be highly encouraged, and perhaps even mandatory.
#6pothocketPosted 3/6/2013 11:28:48 AM
homestyles posted...
The real question is, what will the next evolution of the Snoop species produce? Snoop Eagle? Snoop Shark? Snoop T.Rex? I think we can all agree that playing a game called "Snoop T.Rex" should be highly encouraged, and perhaps even mandatory.

Maybe those will be the powered up versions of Snoop, like in Altered Beast.
---
#7Travarkoth(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 11:29:15 AM
homestyles posted...

Rise from your Grave!
---
What greater weapon is there than to turn an enemy to your cause? To use their own knowledge against them?
--Bastila Shan
#8pothocketPosted 3/6/2013 11:31:28 AM
Travarkoth posted...
homestyles posted...

Wise from yor Gwave!

fixed
---
#9DoukouPosted 3/6/2013 11:37:16 AM
Can he beat his competition, Fiddy Cent's game?
---
Don't read this sig.
#10JKSonicPosted 3/6/2013 11:40:06 AM
Also, dumb-ass rappers need to stop thinking they can philosophise using hallmark sympathy cards.

Haha, sooooo this. It's true for anybody who is kinda "hard" (or at least have a few people who consider them so) too. I remember on FB one time somebody I know (somebody who has been to jail, in trouble with drugs and guns, etc etc) posted a picture of him and this other dude feeding geese at the park. I found it so hilarious how many people commented on it and shared the same "maaaaaaaaaaan this is sooooo deep" sentiment.
---
https://www.facebook.com/AbstractedRealism (pinup and boudoir)
https://www.facebook.com/KulhaPhotography (families, scenery, etc)