This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D - To those who have played Tomb Raider, it would be a better game without...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. C/D - To those who have played Tomb Raider, it would be a better game without...
3 years ago#1
...all those damn annoying quick time events!!!!!!!!! Open a crate, smash the button. Push potential rapist away, hit the Y button at the exact right time. Walk up a steep slope, L then R repeatedly. etc etc etc. IMO it's time to put these to rest! A couple I can deal with, but I've been playing for a little over an hour now and that's almost ALL THE GAME IS so far!
https://www.facebook.com/AbstractedRealism (pinup and boudoir)
https://www.facebook.com/KulhaPhotography (families, scenery, etc)
3 years ago#2
Sometimes QTEs can be done right... But it does get annoying when games overuse them, or waste potential by using them.
What greater weapon is there than to turn an enemy to your cause? To use their own knowledge against them?
--Bastila Shan
3 years ago#3
I've enjoyed all QTE's so far
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
3 years ago#4
I haven't played the game yet, but your description makes me not want to. I'm really getting sick of QTEs. A few once in awhile to break up the monotony is nice, but as a constant mechanic, it's about as annoying as having a combination lock on every single door you open each day.
3 years ago#5
I actually wish the timed button presses were more than just "Y". It shows yellow before they "Y", letting me know which button it's going to be so I can prepare for it...but it's always "Y". Bring on the other colors, TR, I'm ready for it!
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
3 years ago#6
I don't mind them sometimes either but let me think here...

- An escape
- Climbing up slope
- Opening any door you have to pry (so quite a few)
- Something popped up telling me I had to repeatedly hit a button to put a torch or fire out or something but I missed it
- Lighting things on fire isn't a QTE per se but you do have to hold it until the meter fills up
- Opening bigger crates (of which are a fair amount)
- Fighting (a couple times)
- Oh and a few of the QTE's are extremely annoying because you gotta hit it just right (almost like a rhythm game)

Again I'm barely into the game and most of it has been one big scripted/QTE-fest. Overall I'm enjoying it but the scripting and QTE's are just way overdone so I hope it all tappers off.
https://www.facebook.com/AbstractedRealism (pinup and boudoir)
https://www.facebook.com/KulhaPhotography (families, scenery, etc)
3 years ago#7
So far, Tomb Raider is the among the very few games to include QTEs that haven't annoyed the piss out of me. The only other one I can recall right now is Resident Evil 4. That game got QTEs perfectly.
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson
3 years ago#8
So far, Tomb Raider is the among the very few games to include QTEs that haven't annoyed the piss out of me. The only other one I can recall right now is Resident Evil 4. That game got QTEs perfectly.

Ugh... That fight and laser room... Yeah...

The boulder dash was amusing, though.
What greater weapon is there than to turn an enemy to your cause? To use their own knowledge against them?
--Bastila Shan
3 years ago#9
D. I don't mind QTE and Tomb Raider handles them well.
3 years ago#10
Travarkoth posted...

Ugh... That fight and laser room... Yeah...

The boulder dash was amusing, though.

dat knife fight, man.
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. C/D - To those who have played Tomb Raider, it would be a better game without...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived