This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D - To those who have played Tomb Raider, it would be a better game without...

#1JKSonicPosted 3/6/2013 11:44:39 AM
...all those damn annoying quick time events!!!!!!!!! Open a crate, smash the button. Push potential rapist away, hit the Y button at the exact right time. Walk up a steep slope, L then R repeatedly. etc etc etc. IMO it's time to put these to rest! A couple I can deal with, but I've been playing for a little over an hour now and that's almost ALL THE GAME IS so far!
---
https://www.facebook.com/AbstractedRealism (pinup and boudoir)
https://www.facebook.com/KulhaPhotography (families, scenery, etc)
#2TravarkothPosted 3/6/2013 11:47:17 AM
Sometimes QTEs can be done right... But it does get annoying when games overuse them, or waste potential by using them.
---
What greater weapon is there than to turn an enemy to your cause? To use their own knowledge against them?
--Bastila Shan
#3DyingPancakePosted 3/6/2013 11:48:04 AM
I've enjoyed all QTE's so far
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#4homestylesPosted 3/6/2013 11:48:21 AM
I haven't played the game yet, but your description makes me not want to. I'm really getting sick of QTEs. A few once in awhile to break up the monotony is nice, but as a constant mechanic, it's about as annoying as having a combination lock on every single door you open each day.
#5pothocketPosted 3/6/2013 11:52:15 AM
I actually wish the timed button presses were more than just "Y". It shows yellow before they "Y", letting me know which button it's going to be so I can prepare for it...but it's always "Y". Bring on the other colors, TR, I'm ready for it!
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#6JKSonic(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 11:57:41 AM(edited)
I don't mind them sometimes either but let me think here...

- An escape
- Climbing up slope
- Opening any door you have to pry (so quite a few)
- Something popped up telling me I had to repeatedly hit a button to put a torch or fire out or something but I missed it
- Lighting things on fire isn't a QTE per se but you do have to hold it until the meter fills up
- Opening bigger crates (of which are a fair amount)
- Fighting (a couple times)
- Oh and a few of the QTE's are extremely annoying because you gotta hit it just right (almost like a rhythm game)

Again I'm barely into the game and most of it has been one big scripted/QTE-fest. Overall I'm enjoying it but the scripting and QTE's are just way overdone so I hope it all tappers off.
---
https://www.facebook.com/AbstractedRealism (pinup and boudoir)
https://www.facebook.com/KulhaPhotography (families, scenery, etc)
#7SunDevil77Posted 3/6/2013 12:05:30 PM
So far, Tomb Raider is the among the very few games to include QTEs that haven't annoyed the piss out of me. The only other one I can recall right now is Resident Evil 4. That game got QTEs perfectly.
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson
#8TravarkothPosted 3/6/2013 12:36:15 PM
So far, Tomb Raider is the among the very few games to include QTEs that haven't annoyed the piss out of me. The only other one I can recall right now is Resident Evil 4. That game got QTEs perfectly.

Ugh... That fight and laser room... Yeah...

The boulder dash was amusing, though.
---
What greater weapon is there than to turn an enemy to your cause? To use their own knowledge against them?
--Bastila Shan
#9Bmvc1Posted 3/6/2013 12:37:28 PM
D. I don't mind QTE and Tomb Raider handles them well.
#10SunDevil77Posted 3/6/2013 12:47:10 PM
Travarkoth posted...

Ugh... That fight and laser room... Yeah...

The boulder dash was amusing, though.

dat knife fight, man.
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson