This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D - To those who have played Tomb Raider, it would be a better game without...

#41Akiba69Posted 3/7/2013 9:34:54 AM
Res5 posted...
Akiba69 posted...
I agree op, it would. I also find it very strange how a group of savage men found a 10/10 like lara, and instead of raping her, which is the most likely thing to happen, they tied her up and left her to rot. Stuff like that breaks the immersion. But i understand why they didn't do it, too many people nowadays get upset over such meaningless things are cry about being offended, as if that even matters.

You know what's funny is she's supposed to be a "strong independent woman" and yet they turn her into the perfect woman physically. I don't think I've heard a single negative thing about the way she looks from anyone and hell, even I very much enjoy watching her and I'm not usually into realistic women in video games because the graphics usually make them look ugly trying too hard to make real facial expressions and textures.

I thought the way she looked and acted was great. I especially liked the fact they showed her expression of being cold and shivering nearly perfectly. I did get annoyed how she was able to leap long distances and climb up things with ease, despite not being hardened to her new environment and...ya know...having a sharp object go straight through her. But that is just my problem with noticing immersion breaking things i guess.

The funny thing is, you can't appreciate a fine piece of ass without being called a misogynist now.
#42Res5Posted 3/7/2013 9:37:50 AM
Indeed. It's a problem with all video games these days: No matter how bad the injuries the protagonist will always be able to perform feats of a person in top physical condition.

I also noticed her shivering. It's not often you see a person actually shivering as opposed to just saying "I'm cold" and rubbing their arms a little.

The puppetry in the game is amazing and they pull it off in the midst of tight controls. A lot of games could learn from this instead of trying to have realistic movement which ultimately hurts the performance of the controller>character movement relationship.
---
Welcome....to the next best thing
http://highresgaming.blogspot.com
#43ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 3/7/2013 9:50:55 AM
Darksiders II did quick time right, it appears once at the first boss and thats it
---
http://www.youtube.com/ALMIGHTYCHEEKS
#44JKSonic(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 12:07:47 PM(edited)
So what button would you like to push during those sequences? Nothing? Then you'd whine because the game has too many cutscenes and not enough gameplay. Face it, gamers are never satisfied with anything. People like you will always find something to piss and moan about, no matter how trivial. I have been playi

Wow yeah, I mean you know me so well! Right? I mean we're buds from waaaaaaay back dude, you know everything about me! Right?

It's obvious from your post you don't even know me from these boards, let alone real life. So instead of ASSuming maybe just back off and realize so many QTE's are IMO stupid. Simple as that, no hinting at more, no philosophical indication that I automatically will find SOMETHING wrong and complain about it...

---
https://www.facebook.com/AbstractedRealism (pinup and boudoir)
https://www.facebook.com/KulhaPhotography (families, scenery, etc)
#45SunDevil77Posted 3/7/2013 12:10:07 PM
JKSonic posted...
So what button would you like to push during those sequences? Nothing? Then you'd whine because the game has too many cutscenes and not enough gameplay. Face it, gamers are never satisfied with anything. People like you will always find something to piss and moan about, no matter how trivial. I have been playi

Wow yeah, I mean you know me so well! Right? I mean we're buds from waaaaaaay back dude, you know everything about me! Right?

It's obvious from your post you don't even know me from these boards, let alone real life. So instead of ASSuming maybe just back off and realize so many QTE's are IMO stupid. Simple as that, no hinting at more, no philosophical indication that I automatically will find SOMETHING wrong and complain about it...

Wow. Someone has a thorny stick up the pooper today.
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson
#46Res5Posted 3/7/2013 1:09:53 PM
JKSonic posted...

I think the point is that without QTEs cinematic sequences would be little more than cutscenes and gameplay would be far more rigid (as I mentioned) trying to make something that should be more custom than "run here and jump on that" into something even remotely epic but will more than likely fail. Like I said: QTEs bridge the gap between cutscene and gameplay making a healthy balance instead of leaning far too much one way or the other.
---
Welcome....to the next best thing
http://highresgaming.blogspot.com
#47Gunvalkyrie2Posted 3/7/2013 4:33:39 PM
DyingPancake posted...
I've enjoyed all QTE's so far

---
It's not just a rumor, I heard it on Gamefaqs.