This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The perfect game length is...

#1mrhappyguy12345Posted 3/6/2013 4:05:11 PM
5-20 hours, at least for me. As I've grown older I realize I don't have the time to play every single game or even some of the longer ones. I'll still buy the elder scrolls and a few rpgs here or there, but lately the ideal game length for me has been around 15 hours. Most replay value for me comes from mp games like mk, halo, trials, and beat em ups.

How about you guys? What's your perfect game length?
---
I love video games : )
#2twa556Posted 3/6/2013 4:07:37 PM
If every game started being 40 hours to beat the story, I'd be an incredible happy man.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBnuVfx8uVA&list
Typical example of Anime^
#3velvet_hammerPosted 3/6/2013 4:08:09 PM
a game that begs to be beaten more then once
---
"I think outside the box, to put you inside of a box, like a crossword puzzle" who said this?
#4pothocketPosted 3/6/2013 4:11:00 PM
Doesn't really matter to me as long as It's not padded out.

A game's length should be directly proportional to the depth of its gameplay.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#5Perfect LightPosted 3/6/2013 4:12:12 PM
15 is good for me, more is always better.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: hulkshare.com/inferiorminds
#6mrhappyguy12345(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 4:12:51 PM
pothocket posted...
Doesn't really matter to me as long as It's not padded out.

A game's length should be directly proportional to the depth of its gameplay.

Very well said.
---
I love video games : )
#7bluehat94Posted 3/6/2013 4:13:17 PM
As long as it needs to be.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#8DieMyBridePosted 3/6/2013 4:13:50 PM
15 is a good round number for me. The problem I have is I'm so into RPGs which usually last 30+ hours, that it effects my thought on other genres with shorter length and mostly ignore those games.
---
XboxLive GT:JoeStillLife
#9squarex8264Posted 3/6/2013 4:17:40 PM
I would agree that 15-20 hours with doing most to all side content would be the best time for me. I also appreciate a game that you can run through again in a fraction of the time on subsequent playthroughs.

So for example, I recently played through the new DmC. The game on my first playthrough, with me replaying stages to get SSS and find all collectibles on Nephilim, gave me about 14 hours or so. But then I was able to run through the game and beat it on Son of Sparda in less than 5.

That to me is a perfect game. I love being able to go back to games I've completed and experience them again quickly end to end.

I know if I go back and play Mega Man X right now, I'll have the entire game beaten in 2 hours. If I run through Super Metroid, I could probably do it in around 3 even though I haven't touched it in years. And the last time I tried to play Portal, I managed to get through it in just under 2 hours.

That to me is awesome... make the game long with things to do/explore the first time, but let me blaze through it afterwards.
---
Gamertag: Squ4rex
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#10vigorm0rtisPosted 3/6/2013 4:18:03 PM
bluehat94 posted...
As long as it needs to be.

This. My preference is for long games, but that's because of the games I typically like most. Sandbox titles/RPGs have long playtimes.

That said, I don't want 40 hour action titles or shooters.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF