This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Someone else redeemed one of my codes, is there a way to get it back?

#1GunningSoulPosted 3/6/2013 6:46:57 PM
I just purshaced Warhammer: Space Marine new and I'm having quite some fun with it. I've played multiplayer and I felt like leveling past level 5, but it would seem someone else already redeemed the code that came with my sealed copy of the game. I brought it new, so normally nobody should have gotten hold of that code, but it seems somebody stole it somehow.

Is there any way to ask for a new code? I did buy the game, so I should be entitled to the complete package. Is there some technical support I can contact about this?
---
The things of me? Well I am tolding you;
I have turned into very funny, ha ha ha!!
#2tisukoPosted 3/6/2013 7:25:21 PM
Try calling their customer support and see what they can do.
---
+_AN|?+=E+ ?w?_+ i
#3SheepinatorPosted 3/6/2013 7:30:51 PM
He'll be waiting a long time for THQ customer support.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#4Dragon NexusPosted 3/6/2013 7:53:30 PM
That wouldn't be the reason why the code doesn't work...would it?
No THQ server to verify it? I figure it would all be done on MS' end, but I suppose it could also be a content license issue, with the content pulled from the marketplace.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#5GunningSoul(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 8:05:32 PM
I can still buy the 10 dollars pass on Xbox Live. So I figure someone stole my code, or there was a mishap and someone else got a duplicate of my code and redeemed it. Either way, I'll try to email Microsoft about this. Hopefully they can help. I just dont feel like buying again something I should already own.
---
The things of me? Well I am tolding you;
I have turned into very funny, ha ha ha!!
#6randomweirdoPosted 3/6/2013 8:26:56 PM
GunningSoul posted...
I can still buy the 10 dollars pass on Xbox Live. So I figure someone stole my code, or there was a mishap and someone else got a duplicate of my code and redeemed it. Either way, I'll try to email Microsoft about this. Hopefully they can help. I just dont feel like buying again something I should already own.

Actually, they usually can't. A code that's been used is a code that's been used. Any ability to do anything about that leaves far too much opening for abuse.

And even if that were not the case, it's not their game, they didn't make the code and cannot issue a new one.
#7BB52700Posted 3/6/2013 8:35:52 PM
I'd make extra sure you didn't input the code wrong before you subject yourself to microsoft customer support. the 2's and Z's on those codes sometimes trick me, as do the 5's and S's
---
I do the best Chewbacca impression EVER!
#8BobberdongPosted 3/6/2013 11:48:12 PM
I bought it new too. The code doesn't work because it expired.
---
Any man who's afraid of hiring the best ability he can find, is a cheat who's in a business where he doesn't belong.- Atlas Shrugged
#9troubledsocietyPosted 3/7/2013 12:05:57 AM
^Is that what's happening?

Seriously, that's lame. I have a new copy of Warhammer lying around and didn't redeem the code yet as I haven't opened it. Weak.
---
San Diego Downhill Racing League! Bottom of the hill for glory, death on the hill for honor!
#10Dragon NexusPosted 3/7/2013 6:57:11 AM
Check the card, it should have the expiry date written on it.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln