This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Borderlands GotY worth it for $20?

#21NemerlightPosted 3/7/2013 5:20:58 AM
Slinky826 posted...
vigorm0rtis posted...
First one's pretty lackluster to play alone.

Yet it's still better than the second one.

Second felt like improvement in every aspect so its hard imagine why would anyone prefer first one.
---
Chivarly: Medieval Warfare is the best PC game of 2012.
#22sauruschamp1Posted 3/7/2013 7:34:06 AM
The first borderlands is very good especially with the dlc. I played through it first solo and still enjoyed it. I then played through the dlc and some of the campaign with my bro and can say coop definitely adds to the experience but isn't necessary. BL2 is more colourful and has more enemy variety but is still not a reason to not play the first one. You wont miss much story wise by jumping straight to the second one but just playing through the first one is a great experience. Granted the original had flaws it still won GotY so you cant really argue that it isn't worth $20
---
Xbox GT: Zarosian Steam GT: Zarosio
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar Wilde
#23Halochief6Posted 3/7/2013 7:58:51 AM
TC, it's easily worth it. It personally one of my favorite games this gen. It's also totally fine to play by yourself. Never understood those complaints.
---
"Please explain to me how a dog can help a blind person see the difference in 720p to 1080p in tv sets under 32"?" - NakedSnake1986
#24twa556Posted 3/7/2013 8:15:56 AM
No.

---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBnuVfx8uVA&list
Typical example of Anime^
#25Super CreaturesPosted 3/7/2013 2:29:18 PM
sauruschamp1 posted...
Granted the original had flaws

What game doesn't?
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#26Merc123Posted 3/7/2013 3:00:13 PM
It depends if you dig it or not. I would say try it first if you can. Some people love Borderlands (like myself) but others do not and can not get into it. Also play in co-op, Single player is kind of fun, but the game shines in co-op.

If you end up liking the game and getting into it, then the GOTY is indeed worth it. There is a ton of game with the DLC included and 20 bucks is a steal for how much gameplay there is.