This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If I haven't played any Assasins Creed games, which one should I start with?

#1oJoRdAn23oPosted 3/7/2013 10:16:37 AM
I was thinking revelations? If I did would I miss out on a lot of the story?
---
Playing- Halo 4, ME3, NBA 2k13, Gears of War 3, BO2
#2SunDevil77Posted 3/7/2013 10:18:21 AM
Uh, yeah. You'd miss about all the story and the best game (2). Start with 1. They're all worth playing.
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson
#3Akiba69Posted 3/7/2013 10:18:42 AM
2, avoid all the others.
#4Perfect LightPosted 3/7/2013 10:26:27 AM
Starting with the weakest in the series? No way. Read a synopsis on 1, start with 2 and move on from there, skip Revelations.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: hulkshare.com/inferiorminds
#5VertaniaPosted 3/7/2013 10:36:57 AM
Rush through AC1 for the story and ignore all the side quests. It will make you appreciate the improvements of ACII a lot more. Besides, you'll really be missing out on the plot if you skip the first game.
---
I hate my username.
#6LerdothoughtPosted 3/7/2013 10:40:55 AM
skip the first, but watch youtube videos to see how it begins and ends, then get AC 2 and AC brotherhood, if you can get cheap, get Revelations, otherwise watch Revelations videos to see how Enzio's Trilogy ends, don't bother with AC3
#7flowazPosted 3/7/2013 11:01:48 AM
AC2 is the best IMO, it's one of my favourite games. Brotherhood was good too and is definitely worth a play through. Revelations sucked, I couldn't even finish it. I still haven't played ACIII yet!
#8pothocketPosted 3/7/2013 11:04:51 AM
Perfect Light posted...
Starting with the weakest in the series? No way. Read a synopsis on 1, start with 2 and move on from there, skip Revelations.

Agreed. Play 2 and then Brotherhood. If you're ready for more move onto AC3 and skip Rev.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#9IvanKozlovPosted 3/7/2013 11:05:42 AM
Lerdothought posted...
skip the first, but watch youtube videos to see how it begins and ends, then get AC 2 and AC brotherhood, if you can get cheap, get Revelations, otherwise watch Revelations videos to see how Enzio's Trilogy ends, don't bother with AC3

AC3 is quite good.
---
A Lannister always pays his debts.
#10SwtorN00bPosted 3/7/2013 11:15:49 AM
IvanKozlov posted...
Lerdothought posted...

AC3 is quite good.

Yeah a glitch fest of a game with a monotone borderline unlikable protagonist is awesome :)