This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

EA should take a look at today's poll

#1fiasco86Posted 3/7/2013 11:59:18 AM(edited)
Publishers really need a better understanding of gamers and what gamers want. Today's poll (http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/index.html?poll=5016) coupled with EA's recent statement on microtransactions is a case-in-point of publishers' lack of understanding of their market.
---
Halo 1 LAN vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjWnJU2EKY
#2Dragon NexusPosted 3/7/2013 12:01:34 PM
I think they'll look at the sales of micotransactions across the board before they bother looking at a poll voted on by an uncontrolled group of rabid fanboys.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#3vigorm0rtisPosted 3/7/2013 12:01:50 PM
Not really. EA probably makes a butt-ton of money off MTs, and 90% of the people here who say they're going to take a 'stand' against 'x' in games are blowing smoke out of their ass.

EA is also only the most recent offender, and by no means the most egregious.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#4nothingbeastPosted 3/7/2013 12:02:36 PM
25,000+ is the "market" now?
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#5foodeater4Posted 3/7/2013 12:05:08 PM
I dont really see the issues with micro transactions. I enjoyed like 5 FREE DLC's for Mass Effect 3. I never had to make one microtransaction at all to aquire good gear in the game.

I would rather choose to make a purchase like a microtransaction instead having to pay for a DLC or you never get to play it.

Now if they start turning their games into Korean style MMORPG grind fests then ill change my mind, but if they stay reasonable like ME3, bring on the free DLC.
#6SheepinatorPosted 3/7/2013 12:06:41 PM
LOL, that poll completely misses the point. It basically says, "Do you want to pay less, or more?" Duh. Of course everyone chooses less. Games cost a ridiculous amount of money to make so gamers can either accept the base price goes up for all, or accept the presence of microtransactions.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#7GeistPosted 3/7/2013 12:07:41 PM
People need to realize that things are optional and just move on if they don't like it.
---
Currently playing: Dead Island
#8fiasco86(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 12:23:22 PM
Obviously this isn't a legitimate market sample for business purposes. I guess what I mean is, it's clear from this poll as well as other evidence (forums, legitimate articles, etc.) that gamers don't like microtransactions, and EA refuses to recognize that. They're not the only offenders, as I mentioned in my OP. I'm just saying that there's a disconnect between the publishers and the consumers and they need to bridge the gap. Customers like it when they can see that their business is valued.
---
#9SheepinatorPosted 3/7/2013 12:25:39 PM(edited)
fiasco86 posted...
Obviously this isn't a legitimate market sample for business purposes. I guess what I mean is, it's clear from this poll as well as other evidence (forums, legitimate articles, etc.) that gamers don't like microtransactions, and EA refuses to recognize that. They're not the only offenders, as I mentioned in my OP. I'm just saying that there's a disconnect between the publishers and the consumers and they need to bridge the gap. Customers like it when they can see that their business is valued.

If people don't like the presence of microtransactions I guess that means they're cool with the prices for everybody going up? Because being realistic, that's your alternative. Is that what you want? Do you support a single higher price for everyone?
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#10fiasco86(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 12:27:46 PM
Sheepinator posted...
fiasco86 posted...

If people don't like the presence of microtransactions I guess that means they're cool with the prices for everybody going up? Because being realistic, that's your alternative. Is that what you want? Do you support a single higher for everyone?

No, that's not it at all. The problem with microtranactions is that it makes you feel like you're not getting the whole experience when you shell out $60 for a game. Most games really aren't even worth that and are full of BS filler content anyway. Something like an extra gun, player skin, etc. takes probably a couple of hours for one person to design. That's not worth $1 to the consumer. Most microtransactions are cash-ins on things that easily could have been included with the vanilla game.
---