This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

EA should take a look at today's poll

#31SunDevil77Posted 3/7/2013 1:18:19 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
90% of the people here who say they're going to take a 'stand' against 'x' in games are blowing smoke out of their ass.

Exactly. I grow tired of these gamers who think they're some sort of super hardass who's minority opinion should be DA LAW.
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson
#32TrugamerPosted 3/7/2013 1:19:34 PM
pothocket posted...
fiasco86 posted...
Publishers really need a better understanding of gamers and what gamers want.

Gamers want to pay as little money as possible for as much content as possible. Publishers already understand that.

(most) Gamer's want to feel like they are getting a good value and not being milked to death and taken advantage of . ie disc locked day one content = milk
#33headwounds13Posted 3/7/2013 1:22:31 PM
headwounds13 posted...
I think they'll look at the sales of micotransactions across the board before they bother looking at a poll voted on by an uncontrolled group of rabid fanboys.

Ho ho! He shut this crap down in the second post! They're looking at their balance sheets folks, not gamefaqs.

I think most of the people posting here aren't getting the point. Clearly I'm not saying that EA or any publisher should make business decisions based on a GameFAQs poll. What I'm saying is that they're out of touch with their customers, and while they may be able to make money with cash grabs like this for a while, that's not going to work long term

This is far from the first game they've done some icky money making crap with, it's been working for them for a pretty long term already. I know it sucks that people are throwing their cash down on something you (or even I for that matter) don't agree with, but forecasting their doom over it is just wishful thinking.
---
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/p/headcase.html
http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx259/headwoundss/129167586636177506-1.gif
#34ajzootPosted 3/7/2013 1:26:38 PM
Sheepinator posted...
ajzoot posted...
2. It'll work fine long term. Gamers aren't crafty consumers. Even if this topic you've got posts by people telling you there's simply no alternative to microtransactions and explaining the situation to you almost as if they have no consumer perspective.

Are you talking to me? I'd love it if all games were free and had no microtransactions either. That would be great. But I live in the real world and I'm aware of how expensive games are to make, how unprofitable most of them other than CoD are, and that prices for gamers haven't risen with inflation. It's about having more perspective than, "Duh, I want game cheap, game should be cheap."

And so Microtransactions are the only salvation?

I'm curious about your past experiences with games that use microtransactions.
---
They say cooking is about experimenting, but no matter how many drugs I take it still tastes like crap...It needs more LSD, It doesn't taste loud enough yet.
#35SheepinatorPosted 3/7/2013 1:28:46 PM
headwounds13 posted...
I know it sucks that people are throwing their cash down on something you (or even I for that matter) don't agree with, but forecasting their doom over it is just wishful thinking.

I've enjoyed a ton of free ME3 content thanks to that. If not for other people paying microtransactions that content would have been priced for $10-$15 each and the MP base would have been split, or it wouldn't have been made at all.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#36Akiba69Posted 3/7/2013 1:29:58 PM
Sheepinator posted...
headwounds13 posted...
I know it sucks that people are throwing their cash down on something you (or even I for that matter) don't agree with, but forecasting their doom over it is just wishful thinking.

I've enjoyed a ton of free ME3 content thanks to that. If not for other people paying microtransactions that content would have been priced for $10-$15 each and the MP base would have been split, or it wouldn't have been made at all.

Or it would have failed and they would have shipped the title with that content in it. Who knows.
#37Dragon NexusPosted 3/7/2013 1:39:52 PM
In the real world you have two basic choices, higher prices for everyone, or microtransactions. Pick one. If you are unable to choose just flip a coin?

Do you have any kind of evidense that that is the only alternative, or is this your token strawman for this topic?
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#38SheepinatorPosted 3/7/2013 1:46:20 PM
Dragon Nexus posted...
In the real world you have two basic choices, higher prices for everyone, or microtransactions. Pick one. If you are unable to choose just flip a coin?

Do you have any kind of evidense that that is the only alternative, or is this your token strawman for this topic?

Your other options for increasing revenue are what?
---
#39fiasco86(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 2:06:46 PM
Sheepinator posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...

Decreasing costs. Don't waste time and money on BS filler content.

Also, make quality, original games. Companies like valve, blizzard, Rockstar thrive on this formula. Admittedly, I don't know if Rockstar has used microtransactions in their latest games.
---
Halo 1 LAN vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjWnJU2EKY
#40SheepinatorPosted 3/7/2013 3:31:42 PM
fiasco86 posted...
Sheepinator posted...

Decreasing costs. Don't waste time and money on BS filler content.

Also, make quality, original games. Companies like valve, blizzard, Rockstar thrive on this formula. Admittedly, I don't know if Rockstar has used microtransactions in their latest games.

So, same as before, make better games for less money. That's like saying, "Work smarter not harder!" It makes a nice poster, there's even a hint of truth in it, but it's not really a serious answer. Valve can take as long as they want on games thanks to Steam profits so they don't have the constraints that other developers have. Take Two (Rockstar) hasn't made any profit over the course of this whole console cycle, and if not for GTA they'd have been bankrupt years ago.
---