This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who is the BEST Video Game Evil Corporation?

#21Travarkoth(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 10:22:42 AM
Bump.
---
What greater weapon is there than to turn an enemy to your cause? To use their own knowledge against them?
--Bastila Shan
#22stawg007Posted 3/10/2013 10:28:16 AM
Umbrella
---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#23lastrockerPosted 3/10/2013 10:28:55 AM
there's also the corporation from dead rising
#24skiguy1981Posted 3/10/2013 10:50:47 AM
other EA
---
The problem with Internet quotations is that many are not genuine. - Abraham Lincoln
#25natevinesPosted 3/10/2013 10:52:52 AM
Wait, Ultor is in both Red Faction and Saint Row? Is that just a coincidence?
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
#26jessica73Posted 3/10/2013 11:59:41 AM
Wait, Ultor is in both Red Faction and Saint Row? Is that just a coincidence?

It's not, there are a lot of Red Faction refs in 2 and 3
---
http://steamcard.com/do/nxe/thebotqueen.png
#27StarskiRPosted 3/10/2013 1:08:09 PM
SPOILERS FOR FF7

I am not a FF7 fanboy at all, but Sin-Ra was converting people's souls that reincarnated into the rest of life on the planet for a short-term fuel source.
They were sacrificing the future of ALL LIFE for short-term profits. That is really evil.
---
XBL GT: CoryStarkiller
#28BeastLeeAdamsPosted 3/10/2013 1:14:26 PM
StarskiR posted...
SPOILERS FOR FF7

I am not a FF7 fanboy at all, but Sin-Ra was converting people's souls that reincarnated into the rest of life on the planet for a short-term fuel source.
They were sacrificing the future of ALL LIFE for short-term profits. That is really evil.

Or just extremely stupid? I thought that game was critically acclaimed and the best final Fanasty?

If the gameplay is good that's fine, but without a good story to back it up, I don't consider it greatness. Is there more to the story than that, because that is just....bad.
---
I think everyone in the gaming world weather you are a Nintendrone, Sony Pony, Xbot or part of the Master Race can agree that Pachter should be fired.
#29Killah PriestPosted 3/10/2013 1:15:16 PM
Conglomeco
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#30StarskiRPosted 3/10/2013 5:51:33 PM
BeastLeeAdams posted...
StarskiR posted...
SPOILERS FOR FF7

Or just extremely stupid? I thought that game was critically acclaimed and the best final Fanasty?
If the gameplay is good that's fine, but without a good story to back it up, I don't consider it greatness. Is there more to the story than that, because that is just....bad.

More story to Shin-Ra? Yes. Lots. Shin-Ra is not even the main focus, like Umbrella is to Resident Evil.
More story to the game? Yes. Lots.
Is FF7 the best FF game? No. Top 5.
6(by a large margin), then 4, then 5, then 7, then 9.
Unless you want to add Tactics. Then Tactics goes between 6 and 4.

But the point of this topic was talking about who is the most evil. Or that is how I took the poll to be. And the really evil actions of Shin-Ra can be quickly summed up in what I originally said.

FF7 is critically acclaimed because it was an amazing showing of 3D graphics in a time where 2D was basically all we had. The FMVs were very nice looking. The gameplay worked well enough. But saying FF7 is the best FF game will usually just mean that the person played it first.

If we just compare the stories of FF games, then 7 actually falls even lower.
---
XBL GT: CoryStarkiller