This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone Else Hate Day/ Night games?

#11Arucard05Posted 3/7/2013 3:30:07 PM
How could you hate one of the best features ever? its so damn awesome when done right.

---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Home of the world famous Retroulette™.
#12Akiba69Posted 3/7/2013 3:31:00 PM
Super Creatures posted...
YEMbot posted...
I freaking hate playing a game where half the time I can't see anything

Ever heard of Brightness settings?

If you need to mess with your brightness settings anytime the game becomes dark, then maybe the game is too dark and should be fixed if the brightness is fine for the rest of the game.
#13Arucard05Posted 3/7/2013 3:31:20 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_zPd4lDJbqF0/TLh6Z7LTGaI/AAAAAAAAGhI/dpr6eWPSDao/s1600/Castlevania+2_006.png
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Home of the world famous Retroulette™.
#14pothocketPosted 3/7/2013 3:35:01 PM
It can get annoying. I don't mind games that take place at night or in the dark but having a day/night cycle for no real reason is not fun to me.

Time is relative so if it's an even 50/50 split and I don't like playing at night than it's going to feel like I'm playing at night more often than not.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#15BlueJester007Posted 3/7/2013 3:38:17 PM
I don't like playing during the night. It's too dark to see your surroundings.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who know binary, and those who don't.
#16GuideToTheDarkPosted 3/7/2013 4:09:31 PM
Anyone who can't see in the night in a TES game needs to adjust their screen settings.
---
Before all else you must build muscle. Then you must become hero to children everywhere.
#17PutHaggarInSFPosted 3/7/2013 4:12:13 PM
No
---
http://i.minus.com/iyi2ItPQPd3Pm.gif Marn liiiiike
http://last.fm/user/AnathemaOfZos Gamertag: aGeorgeDivided
#18foodeater4Posted 3/7/2013 4:21:07 PM(edited)
I hear you TC. I have my console and TV in the living and with lots of windows, even with blinds closes, its quite bright in the day time. Makes playing dark a games a pain in the ass. Normally Im at work in the days so its really only a weekend issues.

If your playing at night and with sunlight glare or anything and its still to dark, maybe your tv is to dark or the games gamma settings needed uped a bit. I love playing a tnight more in many games cause I just love the atmosphere, especially in skyrim when the northern lights are in the sky, the snow, wind and the great music, its just awesome.

But I do wish in some games with a day night cycle the day would be a bit longer then the night, or hell if the game had seaons that made longer days and shorter nights at certain times of year that would be ocol too.
#19Luke_the_Duke15Posted 3/7/2013 4:32:50 PM
The only games I had a problem with this are Tales of Vesperia and Avatar Legends. Although in ToV, I at least could still see when it was dark or rainy. In some areas in Avatar Legends the only thing I could see was the Avatar. I had to increase the brightness on my TV it got so bad. And I actually did feel like I was playing night more than day in that game, just because nighttime was so unpleasant.
---
The Duke has spoken!
#20En Sabah NurPosted 3/7/2013 4:38:55 PM
I play tons of open world games and RPGs that have this feature, and while I don't hate it I definitely have to say I prefer playing games in daytime.

Just from a visual point of view, the environments and overall graphics look WAY better during the day time (or at least at dawn), because of the way lighting works. In many games, I will simply rest or fast travel or whatever until it's day time and only travel then.
---
INJUSTICE wishlist: Martian Manhunter, Black Adam, Mr. Miracle, Barda, Despero, Swamp Thing, Red Tornado, Blue Beetle, Lobo, Black Manta, Dr. Fate, Mr. Freeze