This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone Else Hate Day/ Night games?

#31DagorhaPosted 3/7/2013 9:55:29 PM
typically i love it. Makes the world feel more alive. Especially if things happen at fixed times.
---
You don't get a gold star for being less bloody stupid than another bloody stupid person when you are still demonstrably bloody stupid. -the final bahamut
#32wombat013Posted 3/7/2013 9:58:11 PM
Like anything in video games, it has to be done right.

But I do agree that many games make it seem like night time lasts longer than day time.
---
He who needs a pat on the back makes every man his judge
#33M4karovPosted 3/7/2013 11:01:06 PM
Day Z's night time mode is the worst night time in a game ever. It is literally pointless to play the game when a server is in night mode, because there is no benefit to playing when it's dark.

Because the game is real time, it encourages you to turn off the game and wait till day, or find another server. That just plain sucks.
#34Gunvalkyrie2Posted 3/7/2013 11:21:12 PM
has this ever been done --

if you're playing at night in real it will be night in the game and visa verse?
---
It's not just a rumor, I heard it on Gamefaqs.
#35Akiba69Posted 3/7/2013 11:24:10 PM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
has this ever been done --

Unless i am horribly mistaken, there is a cheat for GTA that does just that. And i think Burnout Paradise has an option for that too.
#36Super CreaturesPosted 3/8/2013 1:34:15 AM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...

Pokemon Gold/Silver and the DS Pokemon games, well, if you set the clock to match real time anyway.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#37staticxtreme5Posted 3/8/2013 1:43:30 AM
I like the day / night cycles, especially in TES games. I do wish in the next game they would allow when you fast travel to choose what time you arrive, just so you can avoid that extra time spent on the wait screen. They could put this in pretty easily. When you first click the travel location, it shows the fastest possible time you can arrive (as to still be somewhat realistic). You could then toggle the slider to arrive later so you arrive at the time of your choosing.
#38Darkside_ShadowPosted 3/8/2013 3:42:18 AM
I like how they did it in Zelda OT. You could use the night and then whip out the flute and make it day when you wanted.

But also there is usually a "wait" option so you can skip the darkness if you want. Or "fast travel" a little bit and problem solved.

---
I learned everything I needed to know about human behavior from Battlefield 1942. On an aircarft carrier just outside Wake Island. TK!
#39grizzmoePosted 3/8/2013 6:23:48 AM
its pretty bad in fallout 3, cant see s*** at night, luckily it has the speed up time wait button