This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The new Tomb Raider outdoes Uncharted in just about every way

#41CaIiber345Posted 3/8/2013 3:06:08 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#42KtuluheroIIPosted 3/8/2013 3:13:15 AM
triple s posted...
velvet_hammer posted...
no, TR is good game but its not Uncharted.. I could name 6+ levels from Uncharted that are better then ANY in TR.. PLUS Uncharteds MP is vastly superior

The platforming isn't that great and there's a lot of "auto connect"(some times your jump is a little off but the game automatically puts you where it wants you to be) with it as well.

In TR Lara floats to the platforms when you jump at them.
---
http://i.imgur.com/47zOc.jpg http://i.imgur.com/MsEGm.jpg
DMC Evolution: http://i.imgur.com/qQSFhCy.png
#43STE573Posted 3/8/2013 3:15:54 AM
I don't think it is. Go and play uncharted 2 then come and play Tomb Raider. Don't get me wrong, it's still a great game, but Uncharted 2 was a masterpiece.
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X NNID- XSTE90X- currently playing Forza Horizon (360) Xcom (360) Gravity Rush (Vita) Motorstorm Apocalypse (PS3)
#44bossk5Posted 3/8/2013 3:24:42 AM(edited)
STE573 posted...
I don't think it is. Go and play uncharted 2 then come and play Tomb Raider. Don't get me wrong, it's still a great game, but Uncharted 2 was a masterpiece.

I own Uncharted 2 and agree with TC. Aside from Mass Effect 2 I don't think there's a more overrated game this gen than Uncharted 2.

Edit to say that it really doesn't matter.
---
I buy used games.Pacers 3- whatever...I give up
#45triple sPosted 3/8/2013 3:51:09 AM
STE573 posted...

My problem with the Uncharted series as a whole is that when I play them I never think how great they play. It's more about the production values more than anything. Now I'm not saying Tomb Raider doesn't have some "convenient" platforming areas from time to time but a lot of Uncharted's platforming seems a bit forced and it's never really that fun. Uncharted's shooting mechanics also borrow heavily from Gears of War but it just doesn't have the same punch. Tomb Raider is simply more fun to play. The platforming feels better and the shooting mechanics are quite solid.

That said, Uncharted 2 was a very good game overall but has the worse and most out of place boss I have every seen. I would say the last hour or two of the game just was weird for the wrong reasons.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#46SS_MetalSonicPosted 3/8/2013 6:32:59 AM
STE573 posted...

i should have finished uncharted 2 when i had the chance. i dont think i can enjoy the game after tomb raider. uncharted is cartoon like with wonky controls compared to this.
---
PSWiiPC60DS - Deus Ex, Crysis, Skyward Sword, Black ops 2, Farcry 3
Forza 4, Rage, InFamous 2, Darksiders 2, Vanquish, NBA2K13, Halo 4, Skyrim, Tomb Raider
#47Solid SonicPosted 3/8/2013 6:38:57 AM
Why do we care, this is an Xbox 360 board.
---
I can't believe I have to waste my signature to tell people New Super Mario Bros. could be a lot better.
#48AsucaHayashiPosted 3/8/2013 7:11:05 AM
the writing is horrible and the characters are a complete joke... only lara and the main antagonist were given a semblance of a personality.

other than that the game is amazing.. it has its scripted moments but it also gives you huge areas to play with.

i just wish that there were more enemy types(specifically animals).
---
If console gaming is so cheap then why do I have to spend $600~ in order to play Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 3 and Halo 3?
#49baueris24Posted 3/8/2013 8:17:53 AM
Rob_the_Ninja posted...

Didn't care for the story or Lara, or the game's willingness to just beat the ever loving crap out of her. The violence just felt too gratuitous, even for what they were trying to convey with the story. And **** whoever came up with that section where you're falling down a river, dodging crap. I had to repeat it about a dozen times simply because it was next to impossible to see.

I haven't played the game yet, but I saw this part on Conan O Brian's show when he reviewed it. He kept getting killed on this part and looked disgusted!
#50BahamutBBobPosted 3/8/2013 8:23:11 AM
I'm playing this game on PC, and dem hair physics. I appreciate them rendering so many strands of hair, but if Lara is covered in dirt and blood, why is her hair always perfectly clean? You won't run into this question on Xbox, though.

I'm enjoying it so far, but going up against a group of wolves with the bow is dumb.

Also, it looks pretty amazing.
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob