This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Never buy a game at launch unless you're a

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Never buy a game at launch unless you're a
3 years ago#1
Huge fan I just got a email about crysis 3 marked down to $40. Like wtf? Maybe sales weren't that great or what. It happened to SSX with me not more the. 3 weeks later it was beig sold for $30
Add me on XBL,PSN,Nintendo Network: GhostOfHighwind
3 years ago#2
You're just now realizing this?
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson
3 years ago#3
Every game doesn't get a price cut so quickly. AC3 is still $60 and it was released back in October.
Official Aquaman & Deathstroke of Injustice Gods Among Us
3 years ago#4
The last game I purchased at launch was Skyrim, and its usually still priced around $60
Intell 8088 @ 7.14Mhz | 604K RAM | TCGA 16 Color graphics | TWO 5.25" 640K Floppy drives | 10MB Hard disk
3DS FC: 0903-4184-6816
3 years ago#5
sly cooper 4 went from 59 to 39 before it even came out
theres no point in telling me the wisdom of fool wont set me free _New order "its easier and better to get forgiven than permission"
3 years ago#6
Seem's to me EA game's always drop rather quickly. I still bought Crysis and DS3 at launch. meh
GT: Astro ZomBz
PSN: IThe_WretchedI http://www.listal.com/list/game-collection-astrozombie29 (not finished)
3 years ago#7
No guys what I'm stating is they have a sale soon after not a price cut.
Add me on XBL,PSN,Nintendo Network: GhostOfHighwind
3 years ago#8
You don't have to suffer long though usually even if you wait a week or so and buy the game you can do price protection, that's what I usually do for bestbuy or staples, some items like games are month long.

Anyway I think it's fierce competition between retailers. I bought tomb raider survival edition off steam and it was only $30 and that was a pre-order. If anything it's great for consumers to get games this cheap this early.
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/1198847692478tg1.gif
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/rankastar.gif Ranka-Macross Frontier
3 years ago#9
Surv1valism posted...
Seem's to me EA game's always drop rather quickly. I still bought Crysis and DS3 at launch. meh

I made a thread about exactly that recently. Within a month you can all but guarantee an EA title will be $40 somewhere, and since places like Target and Best Buy price match with Amazon and most retail price matches with each other, it's easy to pick up.
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
3 years ago#10
Crysis 3 is on sale, its price wasn't cut. It'll be back at $60 soon enough.
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: Great North Road, P. Hamilton
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Never buy a game at launch unless you're a

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived