This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Please help me decide what to buy next: Assassin's Creed III or Tomb Raider?

#1brygoPosted 3/8/2013 12:32:06 AM
I can only buy one game at the moment, which one should I buy? I need a game that would last longer including all campaigns, sidequests, etc. I'm a fan of the AC series and thought Revelations was okay but how does AC3 compare to the other games?

Also, I don't have a PS3 (nor plan to buy one anytime soon) however I would like to play games like Uncharted and it seems like Tomb Raider is the closest we can get on the 360.
#2oasisbeyondPosted 3/8/2013 12:49:41 AM
TR is better imo it's not uncharted it bigger and just more brutal and realistic. Awesome game worth $100 imo. I bought 2 copies and that's a rare thing, heck, I've never done that.
Play it in the dark with headphones on. awesome game that pushes the industry.
#3HighOnPhazonPosted 3/8/2013 12:54:51 AM
Assassins Creed 3 was utter trash
---
GT: AncientToaster
Speak of the devil...and he shall appear
#4staticxtreme5Posted 3/8/2013 1:47:02 AM
I haven't played Tomb Raider yet but get that. Assassins Creed 3 isn't fun at all in my opinion. I loved the Ezio trilogy, but 3 starts so slow, and drags for so long. Plus Conner sucks.
#5oasisbeyondPosted 3/8/2013 1:55:03 AM
Did you play part 2? If you have... You've played them all. Also... Ubi will come out with a collection next fall of all 4 games or 5 games, I forget... They milked it too much. It's like Prince Of Persia... They killed it off... But you, know a new one is coming and it will be a revamp. They try to make as much money as possible I guess, it's sad.
#6brygo(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 3:51:03 AM
Thanks guys, I just bought Tomb Raider. I'm about to start playing, can't wait.
#7Splice_Posted 3/8/2013 4:56:17 AM
oasisbeyond posted...
Did you play part 2? If you have... You've played them all. Also... Ubi will come out with a collection next fall of all 4 games or 5 games, I forget... They milked it too much. It's like Prince Of Persia... They killed it off... But you, know a new one is coming and it will be a revamp. They try to make as much money as possible I guess, it's sad.

That sounds pretty spot-on to me!
#8RockguyKevPosted 3/8/2013 8:15:48 AM
"Utter trash" is a bit harsh for AC3, but only a bit. It is really poor compared to the last 3 games in the series. It's like they forgot to put in the fun after building all these terrible "follow me around" missions. It's all filler and no game.

So, given that, I'd say FarCry 3 definitely.