This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the most difficult and challenging game you've played this gen?

#21VeliconisPosted 3/8/2013 1:22:00 PM(edited)
Veliconis posted...
Dead Rising

Got it on release and it saddens me that I haven't felt anything that comes close to as challenging this gen.

The .gif in your sig is awesome. :D What is it from?

if it was a quick time event in a game, would you think it sucked?

I don't quite understand the nature of your question. I like QTEs as long as they're done right and not overly excessive.
---
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here.
#22sockesockePosted 3/8/2013 1:23:25 PM
bangai o hd and i second spelunky.
---
MotiJr:Sony copied George Foreman grills with their playstation 3 design.
http://backloggery.com/sockesocke
#23ramseanGoodbyePosted 3/8/2013 1:24:34 PM
Sin and Punishment 2 hard mode, they're not kidding when they say you will be punished!
#24Just_The_TipPosted 3/8/2013 1:24:34 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Spelunky and Super Meat Boy.

These plus Dark Souls. As far as genuine difficulty, not faulty game design.
---
Bernard, don't be a tuna head
#25aDRE8Posted 3/8/2013 1:35:03 PM
Dark Souls, but enjoyed it A LOT.
#26darkharePosted 3/8/2013 2:04:54 PM
Veliconis posted...
Veliconis posted...
Dead Rising

Got it on release and it saddens me that I haven't felt anything that comes close to as challenging this gen.

I don't quite understand the nature of your question. I like QTEs as long as they're done right and not overly excessive.

i wasnt trying to be sarcastic or a smart ass or anything, i thought it was a funny/cool gif and was just wondering if people here would still like it if it was a quick time event in a game.

---
as long as the game divides out to be around $1 or less an hour, the amount i spent on buying it is irrelevent.
#27MNSpectrePosted 3/8/2013 2:08:47 PM
Veliconis posted...
Dead Rising

Its from a Bollywood movie called "Singham".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp-XqCrCi6I
#28MrluzoPosted 3/8/2013 2:19:49 PM
Limbo and Trials HD/Evolution.
#29Killah PriestPosted 3/8/2013 2:21:59 PM(edited)
I don't find games challenging anymore, they are either easy or have artificial difficulty which is cheap and not challenging.

Its like challenging me to jump out of an airplane with no parachute and survive, SO DIFFICULT RIGHT?
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#30VeliconisPosted 3/8/2013 3:39:19 PM
Veliconis posted...
Veliconis posted...
Dead Rising

i wasnt trying to be sarcastic or a smart ass or anything, i thought it was a funny/cool gif and was just wondering if people here would still like it if it was a quick time event in a game.

If it was broken into different segments throughout to where if you fail certain parts it ends (you get a game over) differently, sure.

Since I don't know the nature of the film at all, I'm unable to really elaborate as to what all could change outside of failing the QTE to shoot the tire and getting smashed into.

But to be entirely honest, after thinking about it a bit more, I don't know how good it would really be. I don't think it would be as cool if you had a QTE "breaking" the flow of it. It looks awesome 'cause it happens all at once. But if something interrupts the flow of it, it would probably be less appealing.

Just my two cents, I guess.
---
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here.