This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what is with all these games having us control older guys?

#1Aaron20bPosted 3/8/2013 5:16:09 PM
I already controlled a father figure in The Walking Dead, wishing I wasn't a 40 year old black guy, now I have to control a 30 something year old guarding a 14 year old girl in the upcoming game

The Last Of US

so YET AGAIN I have to play freakin daddy in a video game, god damn it, why can't I play as a brother figure or a young adult. Jesus christ. I am sick and tired of being the daddy in video games.
#2TheBlueStigPosted 3/8/2013 5:17:08 PM
Age happens, shut up and deal with it.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#3protomahnPosted 3/8/2013 5:17:18 PM
don't play it then. whats the problem
---
http://i53.tinypic.com/2vshmhx.gif
#4Aaron20b(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 5:22:27 PM
TheBlueStig posted...

What the hell are you going on about? its a video game, they can make any character whatever age they damn please and YET AGAIN I have to be a father figure to a younger girl. Not only that, the main character looks like a freakin hobo. At least Lee from the Walking Dead looked alright
#5TheBlueStigPosted 3/8/2013 5:30:37 PM
Aaron20b posted...
TheBlueStig posted...

What the hell are you going on about? its a video game, they can make any character whatever age they damn please and YET AGAIN I have to be a father figure to a younger girl. Not only that, the main character looks like a freakin hobo. At least Lee from the Walking Dead looked alright

You've had that account for 8 years, and if you were of "legal age" to make that account in the first place that means you're at least 21 right now. If you lack the ability or imagination to get over this, then videogames are not for you, or you should be picking different games.

And to be honest, most of the major games out there right now have main characters above the age of 25, usually around 30. If you can't take that, it's YOUR OWN FAULT, not the fault of the game designers.

If you really are 21 or older, get off the games and go have a few beers or something, you're freaking out over NOTHING.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#6BeastLeeAdamsPosted 3/8/2013 5:33:51 PM
Aaron20b posted...
TheBlueStig posted...

You do realise the zombie apocalypse is set around 14 years or more before The Last of Us, which is why he looks like a "homo." The walking dead is set right after it starts.
---
I think everyone in the gaming world weather you are a Nintendrone, Sony Pony, Xbot or part of the Master Race can agree that Pachter should be fired.
#7Aaron20b(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 5:36:23 PM
BeastLeeAdams posted...
Aaron20b posted...
TheBlueStig posted...

You do realise the zombie apocalypse is set around 14 years or more before The Last of Us, which is why he looks like a "homo." The walking dead is set right after it starts.

I don't care what the timeline is, if we didn't have to control an older person, YET AGAIN than we wouldn't have the beard problem
#8Aaron20b(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 5:40:52 PM
God DAMN these developers don't have a clue

I am annoyed. For me it taints what otherwise looks like a damn good game
#9TheBlueStigPosted 3/8/2013 5:46:07 PM
Aaron20b posted...
BeastLeeAdams posted...
Aaron20b posted...
TheBlueStig posted...

I don't care what the timeline is, if we didn't have to control an older person, YET AGAIN than we wouldn't have the beard problem

OMFG you're whining like a little kid because a character has a BEARD ? ? ?

I've known 16 year olds with full beards.

Seek professional help for your aversion to facial hair in a VIDEO GAME.....
---
Ben Franklin
#10SR71haloPosted 3/8/2013 5:50:09 PM
I don't see what the big deal is. I like these different takes on age and roles in game. Not every game has to star a "young" and "cool" kind of character. If done right, The Last of Us looks like an interesting concept to say the least. I wouldn't mind taking the role of a responsible father figure for just one game.
---
Now Leave!