This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what is with all these games having us control older guys?

#11Silent Sniper IVPosted 3/8/2013 4:50:29 PM
Aaron20b posted...
wishing I wasn't a 40 year old black guy

bloo bloo bloo there's some diversity in my vidja games
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
#12jamtoast44Posted 3/8/2013 4:50:44 PM
Aaron20b posted...
I already controlled a father figure in The Walking Dead, wishing I wasn't a 40 year old black guy, now I have to control a 30 something year old guarding a 14 year old girl in the upcoming game

The Last Of US

so YET AGAIN I have to play freakin daddy in a video game, god damn it, why can't I play as a brother figure or a young adult. Jesus christ. I am sick and tired of being the daddy in video games.

Before you love the walkin dead now you bash it shut up and the last of us is a ps3 exclusive
---
xbox- xJamToastx
psn-flashthebloody
#13FustmonkeyPosted 3/8/2013 4:59:46 PM
Aaron20b posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
Age happens, shut up and deal with it.

What the hell are you going on about? its a video game, they can make any character whatever age they damn please and YET AGAIN I have to be a father figure to a younger girl. Not only that, the main character looks like a freakin hobo. At least Lee from the Walking Dead looked alright

You do realise the zombie apocalypse is set around 14 years or more before The Last of Us, which is why he looks like a "homo." The walking dead is set right after it starts.

He said hobo not homo.
---
How many mods does it take to screw in a light bulb? "the lightbulb is technically not violating the TOS so we're powerless to do anything about it"
#14Aaron20b(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 5:04:21 PM
Silent Sniper IV posted...
Aaron20b posted...

How is this diversity? when every other video game have you control an older man. Just because he's black doesn't change anything
#15TheBlueStigPosted 3/8/2013 5:09:51 PM
Aaron20b posted...
Silent Sniper IV posted...
Aaron20b posted...

How is this diversity? when every other video game have you control an older man. Just because he's black doesn't change anything

How old are you really?
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#16Great_Pudding_3Posted 3/8/2013 5:11:47 PM
Because females don't sell and gamers don't like kids.

So long live the bald/brown haired adult male (preferably white).

[/tongue in cheek]
---
PSN / NNID: Chocobo_Dragoon
GT: Chocobo Dragoon
#17Perfect LightPosted 3/8/2013 5:13:53 PM
So 20s is okay but 30s is not. Some of us are not 20 years old, we want to control someone closer to our own age. I'm about to turn 26 and I fully support 30-40 year old protagonists. In GTAV, Michael is pushing 50 and is also the dude I'll be playing the most when given the chance.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: hulkshare.com/inferiorminds
#18CaseyJonezPosted 3/8/2013 5:16:15 PM
IMO the reason a lot of protagonists are in their 30's+ is because people over the age of 25 have fully developed brains, are more likely to have had a wider range of experiences and thus able to cope better with certain situations than younger people.

Marcus Fenix isn't a 14 year old kid for a reason.
If Harry from Silent Hill was 18, chances are his daughter wouldn't have wandered off too far.
If the characters in Mass Effect were 12 you wouldn't have the romance stories.

But I'm all for a 9 year old protagonist in the next GTA installment. I'd like to know how a 9 year old on cocaine and carrying a gun behaves.
---
Signature pending mod approval.
#19Aaron20b(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 6:36:20 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/65645503
#20DarkSymbiotePosted 3/8/2013 6:41:48 PM
Play MGS4. They have young characters.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn