This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what is with all these games having us control older guys?

#21SuperrpgmanPosted 3/8/2013 6:46:33 PM
yeah, I hear you man, I pine for the days when I had almost no choice but to play 16-20 year olds with the personalities of 14 year olds.

Oh wait! In most cases, I still have to put up with that in most games! There's just more exceptions nowadays.

How dare more companies actually show some bloody innovation, and actually try different ideas!

Somebody should write an angry "open letter" on a message board, so someone will do something about this! :P
---
Project Beat a Game a Day, along with my Daily NES Archive:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/563947-a-view-to-a-kill
#22shawnmckPosted 3/8/2013 6:51:19 PM
As a 40-something year-old male myself, I am tired of having to play as young 20-something year old immature punks who think they know everything...
Older men are more mature and a LOT wiser.

^ How does that make you feel TC ?

How about you just keep it to yourself, & I'll do the same...?
And if you don't like playing as an older person...then DON'T buy the game.
Problem solved.

Me, I don't really care one way or the other.
#23natevinesPosted 3/8/2013 6:54:31 PM
Gamers are getting older. Gaming used to be something for kids. The average gamer now is a lot older than his counterpart 20-30 years ago.
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
#24BlueJester007Posted 3/8/2013 6:55:02 PM
So, would you rather play as an adolescent emo child that complains about how s***** their life is throughout the whole game? Because those are your choices, an idiot or a matured older man.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who know binary, and those who don't.
#25Aaron20b(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 6:56:47 PM
BlueJester007 posted...
So, would you rather play as an adolescent emo child that complains about how s***** their life is throughout the whole game? Because those are your choices, an idiot or a matured older man.

Who says the character has to behave and act that way?
#26Aaron20b(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 6:57:09 PM
Superrpgman posted...
yeah, I hear you man, I pine for the days when I had almost no choice but to play 16-20 year olds with the personalities of 14 year olds.

Oh wait! In most cases, I still have to put up with that in most games! There's just more exceptions nowadays.

How dare more companies actually show some bloody innovation, and actually try different ideas!

Somebody should write an angry "open letter" on a message board, so someone will do something about this! :P

Boooooorrrriiiiiiing
#27BlueJester007Posted 3/8/2013 7:08:25 PM
Aaron20b posted...
BlueJester007 posted...
So, would you rather play as an adolescent emo child that complains abouthow s***** their life is throughout the whole game? Because those are your choices, an idiot or a matured older man.

Game devs. I have not seen one young video game character be fun to play as. They complain too much; are too inexperienced, or are just plain unappealing.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who know binary, and those who don't.
#28jamtoast44Posted 3/8/2013 7:14:09 PM
BlueJester007 posted...
Aaron20b posted...
BlueJester007 posted...
So, would you rather play as an adolescent emo child that complains abouthow s***** their life is throughout the whole game? Because those are your choices, an idiot or a matured older man.

Game devs. I have not seen one young video game character be fun to play as. They complain too much; are too inexperienced, or are just plain unappealing.

True, very few charecters are young and interesting.
---
xbox- xJamToastx
psn-flashthebloody
#29swatkiller546Posted 3/8/2013 7:16:28 PM
Aaron20b posted...
I already controlled a father figure in The Walking Dead, wishing I wasn't a 40 year old black guy, now I have to control a 30 something year old guarding a 14 year old girl in the upcoming game

The Last Of US

so YET AGAIN I have to play freakin daddy in a video game, god damn it, why can't I play as a brother figure or a young adult. Jesus christ. I am sick and tired of being the daddy in video games.

would you rather play Justin Bieber instead?
---
"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a gamer, just like you."
#30SragentThomPosted 3/8/2013 7:18:07 PM
Tc, you should stick to JRPG games. Most character's ages are around 14-17.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Df8Ny6zHVc
Mc Nuggco: Heart attack within