This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what is with all these games having us control older guys?

#41Aaron20b(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 9:41:48 PM
Atalalama posted...
Wow. With all the hate JRPG's get for teenaged heroes, we now get hate for middle-aged heroes.

I love humanity.

I don't understand the compliant to young heroes. I also don't understand why people prefer to people somebody that looks like a caveman over a decent looking guy who's young
#42jamtoast44Posted 3/8/2013 9:57:04 PM
Aaron20b posted...
Atalalama posted...
Wow. With all the hate JRPG's get for teenaged heroes, we now get hate for middle-aged heroes.

I love humanity.

I don't understand the compliant to young heroes. I also don't understand why people prefer to people somebody that looks like a caveman over a decent looking guy who's young

Because what you think of as a caveman is just someone who survives the apocalypse to us
---
xbox- xJamToastx
psn-flashthebloody
#43Aaron20b(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 10:03:56 PM
jamtoast44 posted...
Aaron20b posted...
Atalalama posted...

I love humanity.

Because what you think of as a caveman is just someone who survives the apocalypse to us

So? he's still ugly. You know this as well as I do
#44RedWarlordPosted 3/8/2013 10:37:37 PM
I'm not going to get down on TC for his preferences, even though age discrimnation only limits himself. I'm 29, and I don't care about character or gender. It's whatever the story calls for.

Walking Dead worked well with a middle-aged man. There's no way a 20-something kid would have been belivable taking care of Clem or making the same decisions. He'd just look reckless, no protective instinct.

Raiden in MGS2 was in his 20's i think. I didn't like Raiden at the time (or maybe i just missed playing Snake), but his character fit the story, an inexperienced kid. Snake calls him green. Now Raiden has matured, and I respect him as a character.

Snake is a great example of a character that ages well in video games, and it makes a lot of sense. I think Hideo Kojima said something about how he wouldn't be interested in doing early Metal Gear Solid games, because he feels like he and Snake aged together, but to do Big Boss prequel games, with a character his age, that does make sense to him.

So obviously, as game developers get older, so do main characters.
#45yarow12Posted 3/8/2013 10:43:32 PM
Stop complaining.
---
Where are all the trees going? o.O
{not changing sig until humanity meets responsibility June 2008}
#46AlphrinPosted 3/8/2013 10:44:51 PM
Older people have more wrinkles and blemishes, and that gives modern games a better opportunity to show off detailed high definition graphics.
---
I've decided not to have a signature.
#47Aaron20b(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 10:57:33 PM
""Walking Dead worked well with a middle-aged man. There's no way a 20-something kid would have been belivable taking care of Clem or making the same decisions. He'd just look reckless, no protective instinct.""

I am in my early 20's and id protect my little sister with my life. So you are wrong about that
#48Mogga123_5Posted 3/8/2013 11:03:51 PM
But...this year we've already played as:
A woman (Tomb Raider)
A cyborg ninja (Metal Gear)
A city planner (Sim City)
Whoever you want (Fire Emblem)
A late teen/early 20's badass (DmC)

Lies, no-one has played Sim City >_>

Also, I know this is a troll topic, but, I'm 23 and have the same beard >_>
---
The mast is broken, hull is splitting, dear God the ****in' ship is sinking
#49greatone101Posted 3/8/2013 11:05:44 PM
Aaron20b posted...
""Walking Dead worked well with a middle-aged man. There's no way a 20-something kid would have been belivable taking care of Clem or making the same decisions. He'd just look reckless, no protective instinct.""

I am in my early 20's and id protect my little sister with my life. So you are wrong about that

You may look early 20s but have a mind of a 5 year old.....
#50Aaron20b(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 11:12:24 PM(edited)
greatone101 posted...
Aaron20b posted...

You may look early 20s but have a mind of a 5 year old.....

Funny that you imply that I am immature when you are the one throwing out insults, doesn't exactly help your case