This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what is with all these games having us control older guys?

#51randomweirdoPosted 3/8/2013 10:18:05 PM
Atalalama posted...
Wow. With all the hate JRPG's get for teenaged heroes, we now get hate for middle-aged heroes.

I love humanity.

That was exactly my thought. I thought people would be glad to see someone with a more realistic age and experience level.
#52Aaron20b(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 10:22:12 PM
Sorry, but I prefer my main character not to be ugly. Anyway.....

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/339/d/2/onii_chan_by_yoonsik-d349q2n.jpg

Sigh, I wish I can be a brother figure for once. But nope, gotta play daddy AGAIN
#53Worker_8_Posted 3/8/2013 10:24:10 PM
LET THIS TOPIC DIE. The TC has 4 topics about the same thing with the exact same titles on the PS3 and 360 boards.
#54RedWarlordPosted 3/8/2013 10:24:43 PM
Aaron20b posted...
""Walking Dead worked well with a middle-aged man. There's no way a 20-something kid would have been belivable taking care of Clem or making the same decisions. He'd just look reckless, no protective instinct.""

I am in my early 20's and id protect my little sister with my life. So you are wrong about that

I think you mssed my point. Clem wasn't his family. Would you protect a stranger's child like you would your sister? If you remember, Lee already had a child of his own. By establishing him as a middle-aged father, we, as the audiece, could immediately recognize that he's qualified to take care of this child. It's instant backstory that requires no explanation.

It's his resume. If we put up YOUR resume, we'd have to spend ten minutes with the audience explaining how much you care about your little sister, even though you don't have any children of your own. Yeah, sorry. Lee gets the job, you don't.

...Although if you bring up in the interview that you've never brutally murdered anyone, they might let you babysit Clem on the weekends.
#55Aaron20b(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 10:34:00 PM
Worker_8_ posted...
LET THIS TOPIC DIE. The TC has 4 topics about the same thing with the exact same titles on the PS3 and 360 boards.

ill stop making topics when developers stop using ugly and old characters
#56Caer_DeathPosted 3/8/2013 11:04:45 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#57Shadow_ZujedPosted 3/8/2013 11:20:07 PM
Obvious troll. Why are any of you actually trying to reason with it?
---
"If anyone else can just feel theirs and let me know if it is normal I would really appriciate it."-mrbakasan
#58Super CreaturesPosted 3/8/2013 11:27:49 PM
Shadow_Zujed posted...
Why are any of you actually trying to reason with it?

Some people enjoy bashing their heads against a brick wall.

Maybe they think they have a hard enough head to cause some actual damage, or they're just gluttons for pain.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#59HunterTrainer72Posted 3/8/2013 11:36:41 PM
Interesting message. I remember playing games on the SNES and Sega and the main character was a teenager(or child), I guess age happens to games too since we play as older men in video games these days lol
---
Sweet Mother Sweet Mother, send your child unto me for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear....
#60Madmicky933Posted 3/8/2013 11:37:22 PM
Topic Creator, you're pathetic. I know for a fact that you are young yourself. Otherwise, you wouldn't be acting so immature and dumb like you are.

I think you have some problems with life going on. Perhaps all your friends have left you behind to waste away in your past and you can't bear it. So, you see a video game character who has a freaking beard and may be older than you and you can't stand to see this because you know you WILL be there one day (well, if you can even make it that far without getting in a crash while drinking and driving) all alone and no one around you who cares.

I myself am only 19 and I have a better understanding to everything in life than you do.
I like the fact that there are mature characters in games and not some stupid kid who just wants to get high and drunk and party and can't handle any situation thrown at him because he's weak and whines about everything.

Stop posting these pathetic topics and get used to life you weak, naive, immature child.
---
Karma... Is a powerful force..