This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what is with all these games having us control older guys?

#61Hitman1102Posted 3/8/2013 11:43:19 PM
I used to be an adventurer like you but then I took an arrow to the knee
---
Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era.
#62blakbird13Posted 3/9/2013 12:21:16 AM
Aaron20b posted...
Worker_8_ posted...
LET THIS TOPIC DIE. The TC has 4 topics about the same thing with the exact same titles on the PS3 and 360 boards.

ill stop making topics when developers stop using ugly and old characters

Play Viva pinata ... You're a Pinata that's not old and made of Pinata material not sack ... Play Rayman he was born in 1995 so he's 18 and not an ugly character ...
#63Aaron20b(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 1:05:39 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#64Aaron20b(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 1:09:32 AM
Aaron20b posted...
Madmicky933 posted...
Topic Creator, you're pathetic. I know for a fact that you are young yourself. Otherwise, you wouldn't be acting so immature and dumb like you are.

I think you have some problems with life going on. Perhaps all your friends have left you behind to waste away in your past and you can't bear it. So, you see a video game character who has a freaking beard and may be older than you and you can't stand to see this because you know you WILL be there one day (well, if you can even make it that far without getting in a crash while drinking and driving) all alone and no one around you who cares.

I myself am only 19 and I have a better understanding to everything in life than you do.
I like the fact that there are mature characters in games and not some stupid kid who just wants to get high and drunk and party and can't handle any situation thrown at him because he's weak and whines about everything.

Stop posting these pathetic topics and get used to life you weak, naive, immature child.

Who says that the main character who is a young adult have to act and behave that way? Did Desmond from AC get high and whine and act like a baby? NOOO! He was a young adult.

You completely missed the point. Is it really that hard to understand that I don't want to control ugly old geezers that look like a hobo in my freakin video games? why is that so hard to understand? so I am unreasonable? Just because I want to control a character that isn't butt ugly and is fairly long so I don't have to be a father figure in a video game which I have already done so many times already.

Is it a crime to want something new and freshing? Having a young adult in a video game doesn't mean that he has to be annoying, whiny and emo! Any developer can make him a good character if they wanted to. That is all I want.
#65Madmicky933Posted 3/9/2013 1:10:47 AM
Aaron20b posted...
Madmicky933 posted...
Topic Creator, you're pathetic. I know for a fact that you are young yourself. Otherwise, you wouldn't be acting so immature and dumb like you are.

I think you have some problems with life going on. Perhaps all your friends have left you behind to waste away in your past and you can't bear it. So, you see a video game character who has a freaking beard and may be older than you and you can't stand to see this because you know you WILL be there one day (well, if you can even make it that far without getting in a crash while drinking and driving) all alone and no one around you who cares.

I myself am only 19 and I have a better understanding to everything in life than you do.
I like the fact that there are mature characters in games and not some stupid kid who just wants to get high and drunk and party and can't handle any situation thrown at him because he's weak and whines about everything.

Stop posting these pathetic topics and get used to life you weak, naive, immature child.

Who says that the main character who is a young adult have to act and behave that way? Did Desmond from AC get high and whine and act like a baby? NOOO! He was a young adult.

The developers made him that way.
Just accept characters the way they are and learn that just because someone is in their 30's or older, it does NOT mean anything bad.

In fact, it's a good thing because they have more wisdom, they're smarter, and they're stronger than ever.

I don't know why you have such a problem with beards or older people, but c'mon. You are going to have both one day. Appreciate everything that you have and accept things the way they are.
Geez.
---
Karma... Is a powerful force..
#66Aaron20b(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 1:13:12 AM
Madmicky933 posted...
Aaron20b posted...
Madmicky933 posted...

Just accept characters the way they are and learn that just because someone is in their 30's or older, it does NOT mean anything bad.

In fact, it's a good thing because they have more wisdom, they're smarter, and they're stronger than ever.

I don't know why you have such a problem with beards or older people, but c'mon. You are going to have both one day. Appreciate everything that you have and accept things the way they are.
Geez.

So? he's still ugly and looks like a hobo. and I gotta be a father figure......again.
#67SnuffSevenfoldXPosted 3/9/2013 1:13:13 AM
Developers grow up.
People grow up.
TC actually seems to regress.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watchfeature=player_embedded&v=cJbTyFzqZu0
#68Aaron20b(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 1:14:11 AM
SnuffSevenfoldX posted...
Developers grow up.
People grow up.
TC actually seems to regress.

So I guess when we're in our 70's. every main character in video games will be nothing but old people according to your flawed, idiotic logic.
#69Madmicky933Posted 3/9/2013 1:16:06 AM
Aaron20b posted...
Madmicky933 posted...
Aaron20b posted...
Madmicky933 posted...

Geez.

So? he's still ugly and looks like a hobo. and I gotta be a father figure......again.

Well, fine! Just simply do NOT play the game if you have such a problem with it.
I don't know why people insist on watching/doing something they don't like. You're not being forced to watch anything on the internet or look at or play anything.

Go play the games you like and let everyone be.
---
Karma... Is a powerful force..
#70LenneValkiryePosted 3/9/2013 2:34:09 AM(edited)
People got sick to play teenagers so videogame companies are shoving older men down our throats until people will get sick of them as well, which will restart the cycle.

randomweirdo posted...
I thought people would be glad to see someone with a more realistic age and experience level.

My idea of "realistic" age early-mid 20's.
Early 30's for some occupations, but after than it's just flat out improbable than someone would play the action guy instead of either settling down or finding themselves in a position that doesn't involve action.

Even real life militaries stop fighting in the front lines once they're in their mid 30's because at that point they're no longer in their physical prime and thus they're more of a liability than else, regardless of how experienced they are.
This is even more true if the person in question is a woman, which is why you'll be hard pressed to find an action girl who is older than 30. It's not just about physical appearance.

Of course there are several other variables to take into account. But most of the time early 20's seems ideal.