This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will the 720 even be worth owning?

#1darealest47Posted 3/9/2013 11:20:46 AM
One of Xbox's biggest problems is the lack of aaa games. Fable nor forza are system sellers and people can only play halo and gears for so long until it gets repetitive.

There aren't that many diverse games for the xbox, you only have shooter games. Ps3 has God of war, uncharted and infamous which are all action games. All three of them are system sellers but you can also get shooter games like killzone and resistance.

Nintendo is the superior console if you're looking for platformers but playstation does have Littlebigplanet, sly cooper and others. Xbox doesn't have aaa platformers at all; once again only halo and gears.

If Microsoft wants to get people to buy their newest console then they need to get developers to create brand new games but it can't be a shooter. They need an aaa adventure game or a new RPG because halo (even though it's a superb franchise) can't do it on its own anymore.

If I was just an average customer I'm going to want to pick the system that gives me the most games and the most different genres. They need to expand their system to appeal to different genres so they won't be called the "shooter console" or "pew pew system" anymore.

This is an opinion and shouldn't be taken as offense.

Do you agree?
---
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec
#2Brass_EyePosted 3/9/2013 11:23:59 AM
I find your opinion offensive!
---
My last signature was modded.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFdK_TBrBGs&feature=relmfu
#3vigorm0rtisPosted 3/9/2013 11:25:17 AM
Exclusives are not the lifeblood of a system outside the first two years of the cycle. People who want to play online on a console will still pick Xbox, in all likelihood.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#4muffinmasherPosted 3/9/2013 11:25:33 AM
While I agree to a certain extent, there's no way to tell if it'll be worth owning if it hasn't even been announced yet.
Heck, it could be a flying, singing, gamebox that makes toast.
---
Black 2 FC: 3654 8353 8201
"Barkley: Shut up and jam! Gaiden" Is the best RPG of all time.
#5darealest47(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 11:28:43 AM
vigorm0rtis posted...
Exclusives are not the lifeblood of a system outside the first two years of the cycle. People who want to play online on a console will still pick Xbox, in all likelihood.

That's another thing I want to talk about. One of the biggest selling points for the playstation is the free online. I'm used to paying online on xbox but imagine how many people they can lure in if they make it free. I was talking to a friend of mine and he was talking about how even though he could afford the online why would he when he can play cod or battlefield on playstation for free.
---
#6richboy900Posted 3/9/2013 11:30:52 AM
I have no problem with ms's exclusives, its sonys exclusives that make me wonder why I still have my ps3 and if I'll get a ps4 at all.
#7moniewitchPosted 3/9/2013 11:30:53 AM
Yeah the 720 will be worth owning. Imagine the next gen games they will have on it
---
Jesus is our best friend & savior
#8SunDevil77Posted 3/9/2013 11:31:06 AM
darealest47 posted...

Yes.

/topic
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson
#9pothocketPosted 3/9/2013 11:32:25 AM
darealest47 posted...
One of the biggest selling points for the playstation is the free online. I'm used to paying online on xbox but imagine how many people they can lure in if they make it free. I was talking to a friend of mine and he was talking about how even though he could afford the online why would he when he can play cod or battlefield on playstation for free.

Cost of cable/internet per month with live: about $68 a month

Cost of cable/internet per month without live: about $65 a month
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#10darealest47(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 11:32:55 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
darealest47 posted...

Yes.

/topic

You didn't list any reasons on why it'll be worth owning but that's ok. A moronic answer like this is expected.
---