This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will the 720 even be worth owning?

#131spacejamjordanzPosted 3/10/2013 8:22:07 PM
Johnny_Jon_117 posted...
spacejamjordanz posted...
I am well aware of Microsoft's advertising prowess. They really know how to shove a product down your throat. I don't like how from 2010-on they went all Gung Ho with Kinect. That's a huge turn off to me. That wont make me buy 720 this time. I want different games other than Halo, Gears and Forza as of late. (Not saying I don't like them).

My thing is this, like I said before. I want to see what Microsoft's vision is for the future of their platform. I buy consoles for games first Everything else comes secondary.

Why does it matter when you guys are going to end up buying the system anyway? Hell, they could poop on the system and you'll still buy it.

It matters to me. It will determine if and when I get one.
---
"Attack me if you dare. I will crush you." Ken Masters <Street Fighter II>
#132Johnny_Jon_117Posted 3/10/2013 8:24:24 PM
Johnny_Jon_117 posted...
I am well aware of Microsoft's advertising prowess. They really know how to shove a product down your throat. I don't like how from 2010-on they went all Gung Ho with Kinect. That's a huge turn off to me. That wont make me buy 720 this time. I want different games other than Halo, Gears and Forza as of late. (Not saying I don't like them).

My thing is this, like I said before. I want to see what Microsoft's vision is for the future of their platform. I buy consoles for games first Everything else comes secondary.

Why does it matter when you guys are going to end up buying the system anyway? Hell, they could poop on the system and you'll still buy it.

It matters to me. It will determine if and when I get one.

When they reveal the 720 everyone will jump the hype train just like every other console.
---
"There must be simplified explanations of nature, because God is not capricious or arbitrary. No such faith comforts the software engineer." -Einstein
#133SixStringHeroPosted 3/10/2013 8:45:07 PM
Uncharted 2/3 are great games, but the TPS cover based mechanics are not as fluid as Gears of War or many other TPS on the market. The gun play in Uncharted always feels a bit off and as a result I find the shooting mechanics in Max Payne 3, Gears, Spec Ops, Vanquish etc to be much better.
---
I don't care about the altitude, I just want another drink.
#134AliciaTylerPosted 3/11/2013 10:29:26 AM
It's kind of sad how 1st party support died. It's like they're content with the same 3 games, and early CoD dlc. I don't even see why people still think microsoft actually has a chance next gen.
---
Lol pc gaming. More and more pc games are being ported to consoles, while less and less console games are going to the pc. Have fun begging for GTA V, geeks
#135SunDevil77Posted 3/11/2013 10:32:10 AM
AliciaTyler posted...
It's kind of sad how 1st party support died. It's like they're content with the same 3 games, and early CoD dlc. I don't even see why people still think microsoft actually has a chance next gen.

I don't even see why you don't even see.
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson
#136josh924Posted 3/11/2013 10:50:44 AM
AliciaTyler posted...

Its safe to assume that they have at least 3 new IPs that they'll introduce next gen.
---
I like how the GameFAQs spellcheck shows that the word "Wii" is fine, but the words "Xbox" and "Kinect" show up as typos.
#137D1TremerePosted 3/11/2013 11:09:58 AM
darealest47 posted...
One of Xbox's biggest problems is the lack of aaa games. Fable nor forza are system sellers and people can only play halo and gears for so long until it gets repetitive.

There aren't that many diverse games for the xbox, you only have shooter games. Ps3 has God of war, uncharted and infamous which are all action games. All three of them are system sellers but you can also get shooter games like killzone and resistance.

Nintendo is the superior console if you're looking for platformers but playstation does have Littlebigplanet, sly cooper and others. Xbox doesn't have aaa platformers at all; once again only halo and gears.

If Microsoft wants to get people to buy their newest console then they need to get developers to create brand new games but it can't be a shooter. They need an aaa adventure game or a new RPG because halo (even though it's a superb franchise) can't do it on its own anymore.

If I was just an average customer I'm going to want to pick the system that gives me the most games and the most different genres. They need to expand their system to appeal to different genres so they won't be called the "shooter console" or "pew pew system" anymore.

This is an opinion and shouldn't be taken as offense.

Do you agree?

Doesn't matter if we agree or disagree, your opinion isn't supported by current 360 sells data.
In other words, they seem to be making plenty of money with current marketing decisions.
---
PSN: BlackSheep121, 360 Tag: D1Tremere, Steam ID: D1Tremere
#138ponderingcowPosted 3/11/2013 11:23:38 AM
if the new xbox continues how the 360 has been going for the last few years then it will not be for me
#139Johnny_Jon_117Posted 3/11/2013 1:23:53 PM
D1Tremere posted...
darealest47 posted...
One of Xbox's biggest problems is the lack of aaa games. Fable nor forza are system sellers and people can only play halo and gears for so long until it gets repetitive.

There aren't that many diverse games for the xbox, you only have shooter games. Ps3 has God of war, uncharted and infamous which are all action games. All three of them are system sellers but you can also get shooter games like killzone and resistance.

Nintendo is the superior console if you're looking for platformers but playstation does have Littlebigplanet, sly cooper and others. Xbox doesn't have aaa platformers at all; once again only halo and gears.

If Microsoft wants to get people to buy their newest console then they need to get developers to create brand new games but it can't be a shooter. They need an aaa adventure game or a new RPG because halo (even though it's a superb franchise) can't do it on its own anymore.

If I was just an average customer I'm going to want to pick the system that gives me the most games and the most different genres. They need to expand their system to appeal to different genres so they won't be called the "shooter console" or "pew pew system" anymore.

This is an opinion and shouldn't be taken as offense.

Do you agree?

Doesn't matter if we agree or disagree, your opinion isn't supported by current 360 sells data.
In other words, they seem to be making plenty of money with current marketing decisions.
Like I said before you fanboys and the tc are just going to get the system anyway.
---
"There must be simplified explanations of nature, because God is not capricious or arbitrary. No such faith comforts the software engineer." -Einstein
#140TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 3/13/2013 3:53:24 PM
2013 and still arguing about which company' makes the better system

LMFAO
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D