This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So now that Tomb Raider is out, what do you think of it?

#41triple sPosted 3/10/2013 3:32:06 PM
Pretty damn amazing. I will note that I am playing the PC version and it's one of the best looking games I've played on PC.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#42triple sPosted 3/10/2013 3:39:52 PM
shawnmck posted...
jimm120 posted...
Should I play this on the Computer or on the xbox?

I'm mostly asking because of the controls . Is it better to use keyboard and mouse or the xbox 360's controller???

Do NOT play this game with a mouse/keyboard...you will struggle with the QTE's.

And the PC version does support the XB 360 controller, provided you have a wired version, or have the receiver to accommodate the wireless version.

Otherwise, it really makes no difference, though it will also depend on how powerful your PC is..?
If your PC is very powerful, then you will get better graphical fidelity on PC...however, if your PC is average, then you will likely get better performance out of the XB 360.

Oh, it makes a difference....an average gaming PC will also outperform the 360 version.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=130936536
---
#43Dragon NexusPosted 3/10/2013 5:52:27 PM
Yeah, there's really not nearly as many QTEs in the game as the complainers would have you believe.

So far, it hasn't really seemed more annoying than the Batman games with their constant grapple hook X mashing.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#44jimm120Posted 3/10/2013 9:01:57 PM
shawnmck posted...
jimm120 posted...

I'm mostly asking because of the controls . Is it better to use keyboard and mouse or the xbox 360's controller???

And the PC version does support the XB 360 controller, provided you have a wired version, or have the receiver to accommodate the wireless version.

Otherwise, it really makes no difference, though it will also depend on how powerful your PC is..?
If your PC is very powerful, then you will get better graphical fidelity on PC...however, if your PC is average, then you will likely get better performance out of the XB 360.

Thanks. Ended up getting the PC version but using the controller. It feels natural with it.

and my pC is ok...ish... Dual cor intel 3.17, ATI 4870, 2 GB ram...that's the most improtant stuff. I can run it on high/medium high. Looks great.
---
Worthy Indie: Trino - Shoot 1UP - Weapon of Choice - Your Doodles Are Bugged - Breath Of Death
Queued: You Will Die - Veks & Silence - Kaleidoscope - Olu
#45SS_MetalSonicPosted 3/11/2013 12:04:55 AM
For me this game is perfect. Its a 10 for me.
---
PSWiiPC60DS - Deus Ex, Crysis, Skyward Sword, Black ops 2, Farcry 3
Forza 4, Rage, InFamous 2, Darksiders 2, Vanquish, NBA2K13, Halo 4, Skyrim, Tomb Raider
#46triple sPosted 3/11/2013 3:15:05 PM
Just beat it. It's one of the best experiences I've had in a game in a while.
---
#47Killah PriestPosted 3/11/2013 3:16:59 PM
I solved it last night.

I thought the final 1/3rd of the game was a huge nose dive into obnoxious. Went from "I love this game" to "GOD WHY DON'T YOU END ALREADY" really quickly.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#48andizzle29662Posted 3/11/2013 3:41:22 PM
Amazing game, one of my favorite games of all time.
---
Most wanted: bioshock infinite, 3d mario game for WiiU, pokemon x, metro last light, animal crossing, pikmin 3, luigi mansion 2, and more.
#49Ness0123456789Posted 3/11/2013 4:10:33 PM
Moar Plz.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#50shawnmckPosted 3/11/2013 4:19:33 PM
triple s posted...
shawnmck posted...
jimm120 posted...

Oh, it makes a difference....an average gaming PC will also outperform the 360 version.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=130936536

^ The average PC will NOT out-perform the XB 360, that is a gross exaggeration.
And I never said that there wasn't a difference, only that unless your PC is capable, then running it on the PC could either be a good thing or a bad one.

Plus, not everyone likes dealing with installation of drivers and whatnot, and so the console is just convenient.

Stop acting like I am dissing the PC, cause I'm not...all I'm doing is stating that it all depends.
Not all PC's can run this game well...whereas all XB 360's can.
Get off your PC high-horse.