This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is worth upgrading my sound, been using my lcd tv built speakers only ?

#1Kano92Posted 3/9/2013 3:39:47 PM
I found a nice quality pair for about 60$ it's got good reviews. There some pretty nice 2.0 speakers out there. I've listened to some of them and they sound better than my built in speakers in my samsung 32" lcd tv. Is it worth it ? This tv by the way is only for gaming only, I don't watch movies or cable tv on it. I've tried some turtle beach headphones but I don't like wearing headphones while gaming, just not for me.

How many of you just game using the tv's built speakers ?
#2Jhardy12121Posted 3/9/2013 3:42:15 PM
I had been up until 3 days ago when I got my new surround sound system. 5.1 surround sound in a small room makes games sound so much better. Dead Space actually made me jump because I could hear the necromorphs much better then I did with my normal tv speakers.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbD5d5AKKII&feature=youtu.be Subscribe and rate
#3TaffmanGPosted 3/9/2013 3:44:28 PM
If you can afford it, invest in a 5.1 surround system.

No exaggeration, it makes such a big difference when you're playing and you don't have to spend a fortune either.

You'll never go back once you've tried it!
#4Akiba69Posted 3/9/2013 3:54:01 PM
It's better to use headphones in my opinion. Sounds much better, it's cheaper and you can have it as loud as you want without anyone complaining.
#5ffturismo03Posted 3/9/2013 4:41:39 PM
It is 100% worth investing in some really good headphones or speakers. I don't think I could ever go back to playing with sound through the tv speakers, horrible.
---
PSN: ffturismo03. XBL GT: sappl3s. 3DS FC: 4038-6560-5058
#6YankeeRuinXPosted 3/9/2013 5:12:13 PM
I could never use TV speakers, sound is an important part of a lot of games to add to the immersion. I have a pretty sweet 5.1 system which I would crack up and it makes a massive difference. Being able to hear the direction of sound and even all the ambient sounds become crystal clear that you usually don't hear just make the experience so much better.

Having said that my girlfriend moved in a few months back so I could no longer have my 5.1 system switched on due to the sound travelling through the house and waking her up at night so I bought a set of Turtlebeach XP400's and I gotta say I was pretty impressed. Though not as good as a full on proper 5.1 system, for only 150 I can't argue, they sound great. Sometimes I even like them better than the 5.1 because once I have them on all I can hear is the game and nothing else like the girlfriend nagging me to put the toilet seat down.
#7chuckboston2k3Posted 3/9/2013 5:14:13 PM
IMO the sound is equal to the importance of the picture, no matter what the source.
---
Gaming since the early 80's
XBL: DrHeinzDoof PSN: OptimusDad
#8skiguy1981Posted 3/9/2013 5:18:48 PM
Kano92 posted...
I found a nice quality pair for about 60$ it's got good reviews. There some pretty nice 2.0 speakers out there. I've listened to some of them and they sound better than my built in speakers in my samsung 32" lcd tv. Is it worth it ? This tv by the way is only for gaming only, I don't watch movies or cable tv on it. I've tried some turtle beach headphones but I don't like wearing headphones while gaming, just not for me.

How many of you just game using the tv's built speakers ?

just get a sound bar
---
The problem with Internet quotations is that many are not genuine. - Abraham Lincoln
#9RockguyKevPosted 3/9/2013 8:16:58 PM
Seriously, how can anyone honestly play without 5.1 sound? How do you know when things are happening behind you?
#10Kano92(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 6:28:16 AM
Well if I get 5.1 sound I have to get speaker stands and it adds that more to the cost.