This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Blue Dragon is by far my favorite Xbox 360 game of all time

#21Dark World Ruler(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 1:06:27 PM
Dragon Nexus posted...
Blue Dragon is boring and redundant. I managed to make it to the second disc and I couldn't stomach anymore.

Shame, because it started to pick up from that point.
Yeah, I know it's not an endorsement to say "Well it gets better at the 15 hour mark!" but...it's kinda someting you have to get used to with JRPGs I find. The first third always drags.

There's something to be said for In Medias Res, but taken too far and you get the confusing mess that is FF13.

The game does get better as you progress, but the first hours are really good too. I loved the areas, enemies, and bosses from start to end. Sure the story opens up considerably more after the first disc but the game itself flows great all through
---
I am the son and the heir,
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar
#22anonymous4everPosted 3/10/2013 3:16:24 PM
Dark World Ruler posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...
Blue Dragon is boring and redundant. I managed to make it to the second disc and I couldn't stomach anymore.

Shame, because it started to pick up from that point.
Yeah, I know it's not an endorsement to say "Well it gets better at the 15 hour mark!" but...it's kinda someting you have to get used to with JRPGs I find. The first third always drags.

There's something to be said for In Medias Res, but taken too far and you get the confusing mess that is FF13.

The game does get better as you progress, but the first hours are really good too. I loved the areas, enemies, and bosses from start to end. Sure the story opens up considerably more after the first disc but the game itself flows great all through

I might give it another try sometime, but my backlog is so huge right now with better games who knows when I will get around to playing it again.
#23KOTRwhoopsPosted 3/10/2013 3:18:37 PM
IMO it's a good game, nothing more.
---
PLAYING - DmC (PC), God of War: COO (PS3), Infamous (PS3), Tomb Raider (PC)
MOST WANTED - GTAV, Lightning Returns, Last of Us, Bioshock Inf, RE: Revelations
#24SaintSeiya7Posted 3/10/2013 6:32:22 PM
great game indeed. enjoyed the whole playthrough, a beautiful work of art. a bit kiddy indeed but its a great rpg nonetheless, reminded me a bit of DQVIII with the in depth story and options. Maru maru is a bit of a nuisance but you adjust. Definitely kicked in my nostalgia factor while playing it.
---
"It dont matter if you win by an inch, or a mile. Winning is winning" - Vin Diesel - Fast and the Furious
#25mistergrownmanPosted 3/10/2013 7:01:35 PM
Criminally underrated game IMO. I had fun playing it, but I wouldn't put it over Ni No Kuni.
---
Guns don't kill people. Husbands who come home early do.
#26spacejamjordanzPosted 3/10/2013 7:10:30 PM
The gameplay is what made the game for Blue Dragon. A good game overall, but the critcisms were spot on. I agree with that guy that wouldn't put it over Ni No Kuni, because that game is far better.
---
"Attack me if you dare. I will crush you." Ken Masters <Street Fighter II>
#27Dark World Ruler(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 10:18:46 PM
KOTRwhoops posted...
IMO it's a good game, nothing more.

Considering classic JRPGs on consoles nowadays are a rarity, it's a lot more than that. The IP itself has tons of potential
---
I am the son and the heir,
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar
#28XenobowPosted 3/11/2013 2:55:22 AM
They should make more Blue Dragon that are JRPGs and some are not in order to make it more popular.
#29sockesockePosted 3/11/2013 2:59:57 AM
i like blue dragon too, its a very good jrpg but ff13 and tales of vesperia are better imo.
---
MotiJr:Sony copied George Foreman grills with their playstation 3 design.
http://backloggery.com/sockesocke
#30staticxtreme5Posted 3/11/2013 3:06:38 AM
I'm not saying Blue Dragon is bad, but if Blue Dragon is your favorite Xbox 360 game of all time, then you need to play more Xbox 360 games.....