This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have an acne problem on my face. Do video games cause acne to worsen?

#1AstronomerJakePosted 3/9/2013 9:52:02 PM
I own an xbox 360 and absolutely love Kinect, but I'm starting to wonder if all my playing of Halo 3, Halo 3 ODST, and Halo 4, along with Lost Odyssey and the Gears of War series has a part in my face being incredibly oiled and unclean.

Since 2005, the year the xbox 360 was released, I have logged roughly 11,435 hours on the Halo series and approximately another 7,210 hours on Gears of war 1, 2, and 3. During this time, I have probably touched my face after holding my sweaty controller a few thousand times easily. Unfortunately I haven't kept note of how many low carbohydrate chips I have ate, but I do buy 21 bags of low-carb potato chips a week from Trader Joe's, so I can have 3 bags a day, and mostly eat them by myself while playing on xbox live. The issue is, the controller probably is a little greasy.

Should I be worried? I just want to know if there is a correlation between my acne problems and my gaming? Its a pretty big issue of mine and I prefer to get it solved sooner rather than later. Would anything like Oxypads work?
#2-NinjaWarroir-Posted 3/9/2013 10:06:24 PM
If you are a teenager, lawl, you kinda have to tough it out cuz its hormonal.
If you are an adult, and its still quite severe, might be reason to worry, see a derm.

My two cents: Gaming isn't causing your acne so much as enabling you to do generally unhealthy things.
Don't have to be a doctor to know that you should not be eating so poorly and probably not exercising.

(PROTIP: wash your pillow covers, your face probably spends most of the day on it.)
---
I tried to change my password to "my dick".
GameFAQs said it was too long.
#3PwnostarPosted 3/9/2013 10:24:12 PM
Time to invest in some Proactive and a gym membership, brosef.
---
Disregard women, sell illegal substances, and acquire currency.
#4saleonkennedyPosted 3/9/2013 10:35:11 PM
A couple of key notes to help get rid of acne or keep it away.

If you are a teenager, hormones will do that to most.
You should drink water and reduce the amount of pop you drink.
Dont let your dog or anything else lick your face.
Never touch your face. The dirtiest parts around you are your phone, and your feet. Watch where you put your feet.
---
gamertag: Leon Kennedy I2
Don't speak evil of someone you don't know for certain, and if you do know ask yourself, why am I telling it?-Johann Kasper Lavater
#5GGearXPosted 3/9/2013 10:54:51 PM
Hormones? Don't you guys mean TESTOSTERONE
---
GT: KryDamoure
.............I'm a very shy guy *blushes *.......
#6Highly EvolvedPosted 3/10/2013 12:13:11 AM
Wash your face throughly every morning right after you wake up and right before you go to bed with this

http://www.amazon.com/Avene-Thermale-Cleanance-Blemish-Prone-Sensitive/dp/B000TV9RW2

I haven't had a single breakout in 6 months thanks to it.
---
It is the beginning of my end. I've raised you well, GameFAQs. Now go, make me proud. *sniff* - CjayC 7/19/2007
#7mastahjebusPosted 3/10/2013 3:32:38 AM
Benzoil Peroxide.
Don't pop anything. Ever.

I'm not sure if this is completely good, but when i had terrible acne, I used to rub my face with a cotton patch lightly soaked in rubbing alcohol (KEEP YOUR EYES CLOSED, HOLD YOUR BREATH FOR A FEW SECONDS) and followed up with a swabbing down with hydrogen peroxide. I also exfoliated my face with a shower loofa while in the shower.
---
"Your" = Possession | "You're" = You Are | "Their" = Possession | "They're" = They Are | "There" = Position
#8liam_000Posted 3/10/2013 5:05:58 AM
Sunlight gets rid of acne better than any cream of face cleanser.

Fact.
---
gamertag; OozyCrayfish
Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the whole ******* world.