This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hows Dishonoured?

#1RubMyDuckyPosted 3/10/2013 4:43:01 AM
I've seen some videos of the game and it looks like a cross between Bioshock and Deus Ex. Would that be a fair comparison?
---
To stay on top, you have to think and act like you're still at the bottom.
#2SunDevil77Posted 3/10/2013 4:47:53 AM
It's most like the Thief series, imo.

And I found it very, very mediocre. I know some people that loved it, but I certainly didn't care for it.
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson
#3VmodePosted 3/10/2013 5:09:15 AM
Yeah, it was more closer to the Thief games (though more fast paced an with a more open approach to how you handle situations) then Deus Ex or Bioshock.

I quite liked it, both from a gameplay perspective as well as a story/atmosphere one.
---
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven" - extract from Paradise Lost (Book 1, Line 263)
#4MeadBellyPosted 3/10/2013 5:14:40 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5DarkSymbiotePosted 3/10/2013 5:18:39 AM
It's not worth bothering with.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#6CyricsServantPosted 3/10/2013 5:30:57 AM
It's a fantastic game.

Blink (a power that lets you teleport) makes it one of the most forgiving stealth games I've ever played, so if you're an old-school, masochistic stealth fan you might not enjoy it as much.
#7Splice_Posted 3/10/2013 5:50:10 AM
I very much enjoyed it. It had just enough exploration and upgrade elements combined with stealth that always made you feel like getting to the next room was a puzzle to solve.
#8VmodePosted 3/10/2013 5:50:35 AM
CyricsServant posted...
It's a fantastic game.

Blink (a power that lets you teleport) makes it one of the most forgiving stealth games I've ever played, so if you're an old-school, masochistic stealth fan you might not enjoy it as much.

True. Personally, I was never a fan of the old "one mistake and your screwed" stealth games because you could spend 20 minutes just to get into position to try a strategy, only to have have your plan foiled by some gameplay limitation that was out of your control or impossible to know about.

Blink lets you get around much easier, and if you're new to the scene it also acts as a bit of get out of jail free card in at times when you're trying to get the hang of how things work.
---
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven" - extract from Paradise Lost (Book 1, Line 263)
#9RockguyKevPosted 3/10/2013 6:14:16 AM
I didn't much like it at all. I felt like I forced myself to finish it even with it having a very short length.

FarCry 3 does stealth much better and it's not even really a stealth game.
#10Lords0fWarPosted 3/10/2013 6:16:33 AM
is this gameviolent? i really want to play it but my mom wont buy me games that are violent even tho i dont care if its violent. i saw reck it ralph i can handle violent games