This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Know any good RPGs where you can just get lost, wander and explore stuff?

#21zinsindettaPosted 3/10/2013 9:28:33 AM
vigorm0rtis posted...
zinsindetta posted...

Your dumb if you listen to anyone who said avoid Divinity 2.

Depends. Divinity 2 was an unmitigated disaster on first release. DKS is playable. Divinity 2 was a joke.

I disagree. Divinity 2 Ego was still a great game. The puzzles and exploration was all so well done. I the only difference I noticed, because I did play through both Ego and DKS, is Ego was a lot harder in difficulty. Still a great game.
---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta
#22vigorm0rtisPosted 3/10/2013 10:05:28 AM
I dunno, the control map (while largely the same) didn't function well... which is fairly absurd these days. A bad control map is one thing, but one that simply doesn't work because of assigning too many functions to one button in a game that is not context sensitive is a rookie mistake.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#23Vmode(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2013 11:22:30 AM
scoobydoobydont posted...
If you don't like TES and Fallout, you don't really want "a good RPG" where you can "get lost, wander and explore stuff". There are no better games for that than Bethesda games. None, on any platform, in the entire history of games. Sorry.

Okay, first, that's just factually incorrect (or, at best, OSAF).

Second, where exactly did I claim that I didn't like the Elder Scrolls and Fallout games?
---
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven" - extract from Paradise Lost (Book 1, Line 263)
#24TrugamerPosted 3/11/2013 2:00:33 PM
Sacred 2 is a like a big open world Diablo with mini bosses galore and a massive map.
Not exactly "get lost" kind of stuff but a huge map and lot to do none the less (lots of great looking rares and set pieces)
#25KacielPosted 3/11/2013 2:20:05 PM
Fallout New Vegas. Wandering into different areas which have self-containing stories and themes? This is what I like to call adventure.
---
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mblpteDR8S1rhizoao1_500.gif
#26pakathecatPosted 3/11/2013 2:27:36 PM
Trugamer posted...
Sacred 2 is a like a big open world Diablo with mini bosses galore and a massive map.
Not exactly "get lost" kind of stuff but a huge map and lot to do none the less (lots of great looking rares and set pieces)

Yep, very addictive game; not newbie-friendly, but really deep build system once you learn it.

I will ditto the Dragon's Dogma and Divinity 2: DKS votes too.
#27vigorm0rtisPosted 3/11/2013 2:29:38 PM
pakathecat posted...

Yep, very addictive game; not newbie-friendly, but really deep build system once you learn it.

I'm starting to think I need to give that another try. I love tinkering with builds but I just did not get that game when I played it. I'm a moody gamer, though, sometimes I come back to something I didn't like and months later it's just the ticket.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#28pakathecatPosted 3/11/2013 2:46:06 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
pakathecat posted...

I'm starting to think I need to give that another try. I love tinkering with builds but I just did not get that game when I played it. I'm a moody gamer, though, sometimes I come back to something I didn't like and months later it's just the ticket.

I didn't appreciate it nearly as much the first time I played it as I do now. There were things I didn't figure out through the whole first campaign. Also, since you are going to be choosing half or so of your skills in the first few hours of play, it is very easy to choose badly and wind up with a crap build if you go in blind.