This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Playing Darksiders 2 for the first time

#1GM_Posted 3/10/2013 6:32:03 AM
I feel bad for not playing this game before. I always passed it up as some generic God of War clone or something. But I had no idea it was the child of LoZ and LoK combined into one game. I'm in love with the fluid fast paced combat system and was pleasantly surprised at the RPG elements in it and upgrade system. Is the first one worth checking out afterwards? I know that I should have probably played them in order but I happened to acquire the second game first.
---
CooperRC: "The 360 and PS3 are just fighting in the special olympics, the PC version is king."
#2DarkSymbiotePosted 3/10/2013 6:39:51 AM
No, the first game is NOT worth checking out. Watch out for glitches.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#3SheepinatorPosted 3/10/2013 6:40:37 AM
You should have played DS1 first for the story setup. The look and feel and gameplay is very similar.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#4vigorm0rtisPosted 3/10/2013 6:40:38 AM
The first one isn't nearly as good as the second, IMO. The RPG elements are only sort of there-- you don't so much pick a playstyle as choose certain moves to unlock (sounds sort of the same, it's not). The combat is slow and a lot less varied, the controls are cluttered, and the puzzles not nearly as fun. Don't get me wrong, DS1 is still a good game and worth playing, but it's not half the game 2 is.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#5Ginsu VictimPosted 3/10/2013 6:46:15 AM
The first one is awesome and can be found cheap. Everything you love about the second game started with the first.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#6SunDevil77Posted 3/10/2013 6:48:57 AM
I am absolutely loving DS2 right now.
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson
#7BlueJester007Posted 3/10/2013 6:58:16 AM
DS2 > DS1

However, that's not to say that the first game is bad. It is pretty decent, but DS2 blows it out of the water. If you find it somewhere for cheap, I'd definitly check it out.

I believe Amazon is selling ut for around $25.00
---
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who know binary, and those who don't.
#8Madness2012Posted 3/10/2013 6:59:09 AM
Your in for a treat,amazing game....
#9ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 3/10/2013 7:15:45 AM
its awesome at first but it gets extremely boring later and the more you play it the glitchier it becomes
---
http://www.youtube.com/ALMIGHTYCHEEKS
#10Marnex15Posted 3/10/2013 7:17:32 AM(edited)
Both are fantastic and some of my favourite games this gen, as I am a big Zelda fan.

The first one is actually pretty different. If you love the world structure, progression, and formula of Zelda, get the first. It's a lot more like Zelda than the second game.

Definitely worth it.

DarkSymbiote posted...
No, the first game is NOT worth checking out. Watch out for glitches.

What? I played like 40 hours and not one single glitch. Maybe one freeze. Can't speak about the PS3 version, but at least on the 360, the first game is less glitchy post patches than the second game post patches.
---
Official Lord of the Wiinet of LoZ: Skyward Sword | www.zeldawtwii.proboards.com