This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Playing Darksiders 2 for the first time

#11DarkSymbiotePosted 3/10/2013 8:47:30 AM
Marnex15 posted...
What? I played like 40 hours and not one single glitch.

So? I played Oblivion with no glitches but that doesn't mean they aren't there. These kinds of statements annoy me.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#12Dragon NexusPosted 3/10/2013 9:27:51 AM
The first one isn't nearly as good as the second, IMO. The RPG elements are only sort of there-- you don't so much pick a playstyle as choose certain moves to unlock (sounds sort of the same, it's not). The combat is slow and a lot less varied, the controls are cluttered, and the puzzles not nearly as fun. Don't get me wrong, DS1 is still a good game and worth playing, but it's not half the game 2 is.

While all that is true, I also felt DS2 was missing some things the first game had. There didn't seem to be as much characterisation and the overall story goal never grew, changed or twisted. From beginning to end it was always about "Going to the destination and reviving humanity". Nothing was added to it along the way, nothng was really revealed, nothing was particularly expanded upon.

As a story lover, I was a little let down in this regard. Still, the gameplay is much better. DS1's combat was pretty much as Yahtzee said. Mash X until you get bored and then mash Y for a bit instead.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#13Jhardy12121Posted 3/10/2013 9:43:59 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
Marnex15 posted...

So? I played Oblivion with no glitches but that doesn't mean they aren't there. These kinds of statements annoy me.

Except Oblivion was known to have massive amounts of glitches. DS1 doesn't have them nearly as bad or often. Any game can glitch its a matter of how often and 4 playthroughs and never had an issue.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbD5d5AKKII&feature=youtu.be Subscribe and rate
#14HeLeehamPosted 3/10/2013 9:47:39 AM
Madness2012 posted...
Your in for a treat,amazing game....

This. One of my top 10 games from this gen. Its better then the first game in pretty much every aspect except story.
#15Marnex15Posted 3/10/2013 10:22:33 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
Marnex15 posted...

It really doesn't have that many terrible common glitches. There's maybe one game breaking glitch that can happen in one dungeon that won't let you progress. I rarely saw people complain about them when it came out.

Compare that to the release of the second game where a lot of people were complaining that they had game breaking glitches and save file corruptions.
---
Official Lord of the Wiinet of LoZ: Skyward Sword | www.zeldawtwii.proboards.com
#16GawdDawgsPosted 3/10/2013 11:04:02 AM
while I enjoyed DS2, I felt like the game was trying to do everything bigger, but not necessarily better. DS1 is far more focused has a better story, although that's not saying much, as both games don't really focus on that (DS1 does it slightly more though)

DS1 = more of an action/adventure game
DS2 = more of an action hack-n-slash with RPG elements, like loot

Both are worth playing though. Despite their differences, they're very similar.
---
It does not matter where we go. It is not the destination that matters...it is the journey.