This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, who did the bow the best?

#21kungfuj0Posted 3/11/2013 3:55:46 AM
Dunno who did it the best (will vote Skyrim by default), but I know who did it the worst...

The talon mercenary in ME3's MP has got to have THE single worst bow type weapon in existence! Dunno who approved that one, but it might be time for a change of employment. It really is THAT bad.
---
Alabama Crimson Tide: Now serving title #15..
ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
#22NemerlightPosted 3/11/2013 6:25:58 AM
Skyrim. Sniping people is too much fun.
---
Chivarly: Medieval Warfare is the best PC game of 2012.
#23pothocketPosted 3/11/2013 6:30:15 AM
Voted Crysis 3 because I actually played all these games and know what I'm talking about.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#24gadragod(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2013 10:46:17 AM
I own and have played all these games and I still feel Far Cry 3 did it the best. Crysis felt really "heavy" for me. Maybe due to coming fresh off the heels of Far Cry, but I'm not sure. Because it felt so heavy, and I feel the bow is more of a nimble weapon, it kind of threw me a bit. Plus, you don't get that many arrows (and yes, you can pick them up. But still...).

And it appears that I maybe should have picked Skyrim to be added to the list. The only reason I didn't, as someone else stated, it came out well over a year ago now. The bow phenomenon came about during the last E3 when Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Crysis, and Tomb Raider all had demos featuring the bow at one point or another. TES has always had bows.

If I were to add to the poll with other games, I'd probably include Mount and Blade. The bow in that game can be difficult to master if you didn't spec your character right, but, if you did, it's a hellova lot of fun picking off Nord Houscarls with it 100-150 yards out. Spec in the distance + aim and launch of the arrow + pause + confirmed headshot and reward of bonus skill points = something so satisfying it's hard to put into words.
#25pothocketPosted 3/11/2013 11:05:45 AM(edited)
I think the low ammo count works in Crysis' favor. Makes it easier to balance the mechanics of it being so powerful (fire without breaking cloak). It also prevents the player from simply spamming arrows at targets until they die. Every shot has to count. And having to pick over the battle field to retrieve arrows does help make the game more immersive.

Haven't played mount and blade but that sounds pretty cool.
---
#26JON4495Posted 3/11/2013 11:07:22 AM
Do people not understand the concept of polls?
---
Gamertag: BIONICxSHADOW
#27GeistPosted 3/11/2013 11:09:10 AM
JON4495 posted...

Of course, they just don't like the options Francis.

Oh, I vote Skyrim as well.
---
Currently playing: Dead Island
#28pothocketPosted 3/11/2013 11:11:26 AM
JON4495 posted...

Nope. Everyone treats them as the same poll: "vote for your favorite game".
---
#29Blade SeekerPosted 3/11/2013 11:17:35 AM
Tomb Raider

I played all of them and TR is the only one I enjoyed always using.
---
|| Detroit Red Wings || Detroit Tigers || Detroit Pistons || Michigan Wolverines || Tampa Bay Buccaneers ||
#306speednissanPosted 3/11/2013 1:34:54 PM
You can't have this poll until Gears comes out.