This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why did you get Xbox 360 instead of PS3?

#101paralyzed21Posted 3/10/2013 9:00:58 PM
I didn't. I got a ps3.
---
http://www.wearethepanicdivision.com | http://www.facebook.com/thepanicdivision
---
#102phillyeagles123Posted 3/10/2013 9:15:42 PM
Most of my friends had Xbox, and I wanted Halo.
---
Best Signature you've ever seen.
#103DrakillionPosted 3/10/2013 9:27:30 PM
Because I loved Star Ocean 3 on the PS2 and when I head the Star Ocean 4 will be released "exclusively" for the Xbox 360, I started saving up money.

As an added plus, I also wanted to get Halo 3 and my friends were still playing it so when I first had my 360, I had a great online shooter and a fun JRPG time sink. Man, junior year was so awesome!
---
---
"Dating Yukari Takeba is, like, the closest thing to dating Michelle Ruff, so I don't see the reason why not."- My brother XD
#104jjg737Posted 3/10/2013 9:34:04 PM
Halo 3, it was more affordable, that awesome Gears of War commercial, and it had way better games at the time.
#105CelesEsperIce3Posted 3/10/2013 9:51:44 PM
I didn't get a 360 until about 2 years ago. I wanted to finally catch up on some RPG's I'd missed. The two main factors were Lost Odyssey and $. The 360 was cheaper and had all the RPG's I wanted. The PS3 had some exclusives that I considered, but most were on both systems. In the end the 360 won just because it was cheaper.
---
Go ahead, believe everything the media tells you, they would never lie to you, right?
#106mattcorley1212Posted 3/10/2013 10:13:44 PM
necro00 posted...
Because I couldn't call a ps3 a sexbox

I do this too
---
"this fit like clothes made outta wasp"
GT-K3lnk3ll
#107MR_SorenPosted 3/10/2013 10:14:58 PM
I bought the Xbox 360 to play 2D shoot-em-ups like Deathsmiles, Eschatos, Akai Katana, etc.
---
Blog: .............. http://red-grenade.com
Gamertag: .... rjcarello
#108Slinky826Posted 3/10/2013 10:22:02 PM
I had gotten sick of Sony and their BS and liked what MS had done with the Xbox. So I got a 360 on launch day and never looked back. During this generation of consoles, I had also got a Wii and PS3, but the Wii was sold off cause it was garbage, and the PS3 was taken by my ex, which was fine cause it never got used for anything other than a media center. All of my major gaming has been on the 360 this gen cause to me it was simply better in every way.
---
God did not create Man in his image, for it was Man who created God in his.
#109hak145Posted 3/10/2013 11:23:36 PM(edited)
because gears of war at the time amazed me with its graphics and the commercial struck a cord with me that most commercial for games do not.. Honestly if i could trade my xbox for a ps3 right now i would. I prefer singleplayer games and considering that dark soul's predecessor, demon's soul, is on ps3 only with dark souls being the greatest game of all time for me, I wish i could get a chance at demon's soul.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the other obvious points. 360 was cheaper and the controller was similar to the gamecube controller which was perfect for my hands. Never liked the dualshock controllers.
---
Gamertag XL:CRAZYjump
Winner: Dark Souls
#110teehee23Posted 3/10/2013 11:58:32 PM
Xbox360 has much better game lineup.

HALO and Gears or killzone= slap me for asking a stupid question and the HALO franchise is perfection.

Racing: Project Gotham 3 and 4 and Forza 3 and 4 or Gran Turismo= PGR and Forza for the easy win.

RPG's: 360 had me at Blue Dragon and Lost Oddysee.

Platformers: was hoping Microsoft would make Rare make Banjo Kazooie 3 but at least they gifted us with Banjo Kazooie and Tooie HD. Magnificence!
XBLA filled the void with so many great platformers and Sonic Generations sealed the deal.

Adventure (360 launch): Kameo. Could replay this game forever and a day.

Plus Xbox360's controller is far superior with real triggers that make all the difference.

PS3's only superiority was blurays but that quickly became irrelevant as streaming technology leapfrogged.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...