360 has better controller multi-plats preform better ps3 exclusives are over rated
#112SplatterHouse55Posted 3/11/2013 12:16:44 AM
01. All of my close gaming buddies went with the 360 early and I wanted to be able to play online with them.
02. It was cheaper, which is probably one of the reasons that the vast majority of my gaming buddies went with the 360.
03. I had read from a few sources that 3rd party games were running better on the 360.
04. Mass Effect, Bioshock, and Lost Odyssey were 360 exclusives (at the time) that were high on my list of games to play.
I don't regret my purchase (even though my first elite model RRODed), although the PS3 started to look very attractive a couple of years later after it started getting a nice handful of exclusive games (which did seem to take forever to get to the PS3). --- Ever since I started working, every day has be worse than the last, so everytime you see me it's the worst day of my life. - Office Space
#113MK_GodPosted 3/11/2013 1:29:57 AM
Bought it the holiday season of Halo 3 release(I got the Halo3 edition) My cousin and brother had it and I wanted it. Bought it. Learned all my friends had it. Which equaled more enjoyment. So basically because of friends and Halo 3. Loved it ever since. --- watch HodgeTwins aka Lord Keith and Lord Kevin aka Mr. Striations & Mr. Feathers aka Twin Muscle Workout aka Fasting Twins
#114kungfuj0Posted 3/11/2013 3:53:16 AM
Bought my 360 on May 1st, 2006. Here's why.
1. Forza 2 and Mass Effect 1 had been announced, and I KNEW I wanted both of them. they were only on 360, so +1 360.
2. Oblivion was out then and it was the game everyone was talking about back then. It wasn't on ps3 at that time, and I didn't have a pc strong enough to run it, so +1 more for 360.
3. I was already on xbox Live and I liked the service. Another +1
4. PS3 was still like $499-599 at the time, while 360 was $399. A big - for PS3.
5. There were no games out on PS3 that I wanted at that time that were system sellers for me. There was no 'killer app' that I just had to have on that system, and sadly, there still isn't. I'm not saying it doesn't have good games, just that for ME, none of them were games that I just HAD to have, like Forza and ME were for 360.
6. GTA came to 360. If it hadn't, I might have both a 360 and a ps3 right now. --- Alabama Crimson Tide: Now serving title #15.. ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
#115NemerlightPosted 3/11/2013 6:25:06 AM
I really wanted to play Gears of War and Halo. --- Chivarly: Medieval Warfare is the best PC game of 2012.
#116Madness2012Posted 3/11/2013 6:33:04 AM
Love the system,how it's made and the online alot better.That being said,i have all major consoles,but my Ps3 is used for blu rays these days......
#117GingaritoPosted 3/11/2013 6:53:01 AM
dark trunks posted...
Because it came out first.
Then I bought a PS3.
--- Currently playing - Dead Space 3 , Tomb Raider, Pes 2013 Good kid , M.A.A.D City
#118The Top CrusaderPosted 3/11/2013 7:43:03 AM
All my friends already had a 360 and only one or two also had a PS3 at the time, so it was an easy choice really for that reason alone... but also 360's were considerably cheaper at the time and there are only a handful of PS3 exclusives I'm interested in. I don't refuse to ever get a PS3 but at this rate... --- ---- -----
#119CalgaryMaverickPosted 3/11/2013 7:56:44 AM
I eventually got both ... but I did get an Xbox 360 before I got a PS3 because I was interested in playing the Halo, Mass Effect and Bioshock series. --- XBL, PSN & Steam GamerTag: CalgaryMaverick You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
#120fizzle2222Posted 3/11/2013 8:16:26 AM
The Halo 3 Hype got to me , no regrets. --- http://i.imgur.com/sDX97.jpg - Stay Frosty~