This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When I downloaded Bioshock, it went to 80% then.....

#1Aaron20bPosted 3/10/2013 2:55:49 PM
it says the downloaded is complete and the game plays just fine, is that normal? will I have issues down the line since it only went to 80 percent and told me the game is done downloading?
#2Lords0fWarPosted 3/10/2013 3:00:52 PM
is bioshock violent???? i really want my mum to buy me it. . .she has 2 ssee gameplay first tho
#3staticxtreme5Posted 3/10/2013 3:06:16 PM
Lords0fWar posted...
is bioshock violent???? i really want my mum to buy me it. . .she has 2 ssee gameplay first tho

Yes, Bioshock is violent.
#4VeliconisPosted 3/10/2013 3:08:05 PM
I've had this happen with other games before. It wouldn't let you play the game at all if the download was incomplete. So, maybe the progress bar wasn't quite caught up with how far along it really was and once it was, it finished before the bar went to 100%.

It happened when I downloaded Grid. It got to like 80%~ and then said it was completed and it's been working fine.
---
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here.
#5TheBlueStigPosted 3/10/2013 3:12:02 PM
Lords0fWar posted...

Try the demo.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#6never100Posted 3/10/2013 3:15:03 PM
I think you will be fine. I've had that happen many times on PC, PS3, and 360. Some things installing and downloading seem to bog it down so it crawls. For you, once it hit 80% it probably just loaded the other 20% almost instantly.
---
http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/bt/the-sage/wow/25745-fanboys-and-the-console-wars
#7Dragon NexusPosted 3/10/2013 3:27:31 PM

This is really lazy, you know. At least put some effort in if you want to be taken seriously.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#8Super CreaturesPosted 3/10/2013 3:45:41 PM
What might have happened is that the 80% was the actual game, and the last 20% or so was a title update, since with the latest dash, when you download a game, it automatically downloads the latest title update as well, but I'm not entirely sure how the download status reflects this.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#9TheBlueStigPosted 3/10/2013 3:48:37 PM
Super Creatures posted...
What might have happened is that the 80% was the actual game, and the last 20% or so was a title update, since with the latest dash, when you download a game, it automatically downloads the latest title update as well, but I'm not entirely sure how the download status reflects this.

Only one file downloaded, I had the same thing happen with Bioshock.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#10Great_Pudding_3Posted 3/10/2013 3:56:34 PM
Yes it's normal. I downloaded a bunch of games for the sale (and before then). It always jumps for me around 75-85% to completion.

Took me off guard the first time.
---
PSN / NNID: Chocobo_Dragoon
GT: Chocobo Dragoon