This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your TOP 5 games now that this gen is almost finished? Brief explanations plz.

#1symachPosted 3/10/2013 2:49:17 PM
1.Mass Effect 2: Never have I ever played through a game 13 times before, character development and voice acting second to NONE.
2.Tomb Raider: I kinda expected it to be good but holy crap was I surprised when it
SHATTERED my HIGH expectations and made it all the way to number two on my list. Lara set a new bar that not even Drake can come close to IMO. Also I thought this may be the best looking game this gen, or damn close to it, graphics were amazing.
3.Dragon Age Origins: This one completely killed the JRPG for me, it was like a choose your own adventure book, set a new bar for me and what I expect out of an RPG. Funny that DA2 is on my biggest disappointment list.
4.Skyrim- Ive put over 200 hours into this beast, that alone speaks volumes for how great this game is.
5. Halo 4: It was like FPS perfection, amazing that a completely new dev could step in and make a game better than all six attempts by the series creator.

XBOX 360 Best Exclusive: Halo 4
PS3 Best Exclusive: Heavy Rain
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
#2VlayerPosted 3/10/2013 2:59:09 PM
Bioshock
Red Dead Redemption
Fallout 3
Mass Effect 2

I'm having a tough time picking a fifth game, so here's some really strong contenders:
GTA IV
Skyrim
Oblivion
Portal 2
Fallout NV
---
FOX "made a huge mistake" cancelling the greatest comedy of all time; Arrested Development.
#3Arucard05Posted 3/10/2013 3:08:44 PM
Mass Effect 2 - Great character piece with excellent writing.

Dragon Age Origins - Bioware doin' what Bioware did best.

Deadly Premonition - Incredibly believable open world filled with some of the most interesting characters to grace a video game.

Uncharted 2 - Out Hollywood'd Hollywood with unforgettable set pieces and likable characters.

Portal 2 - It's as close to perfect as a game can be.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
It's better than bad.
#4DrFeelgood1984Posted 3/10/2013 3:11:24 PM
Batman Arkham Asylum- Almost perfect Batman game, and I preferred the Metroid-style level design to Arkham City's open world

Red Dead Redemption- Been wanting a GTA-style western since GTAIII, finally got it and it's just an awesome game.

Call of Duty Black Ops- My favorite CoD. I know t's popular to hate on CoD, but whatever.

MLB The Show - PS3 exclusive, greatest sports videogame of all time

Dead Space- The sequels killed the franchise, but the original was a great horror/sci-fi game.
#5glassghost0Posted 3/10/2013 3:22:10 PM
Max Payne 3
GTA 4
Left 4 Dead 2
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
Fallout 3/Oblivion
---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428
#6656stoogePosted 3/10/2013 3:27:32 PM
Dark Souls - So much to do and no other game this gen has felt as rewarding.

Neir - Probably my favourite JRPG cast

*the rest change every topic*

Mario Galaxy - One of the most perfect games I've ever played

Uncharted 2 - I've replayed this at least 10 times and could easily go another for another 10

The Witcher 2 - Removed most of the sting from the EA/Bioware merger. A proper RPG made for people that actually like the genre, and not for anyone else.
---
Meet the new love of my life--
http://itotd.com/view/80/
#7impatientpersonPosted 3/10/2013 3:51:42 PM
Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time - I feel it perfected the Ratchet and Clank gameplay as well as having new pieces that worked awesomely. Plus the story was phenomenal and hilarious... Dr. Nefarious is easily one of the best characters of all time. It's so depressing to see R&C dying now...

Portal 2 - It was more Portal. The gameplay was still great and even the story managed to blow the first one away.

Uncharted 2 - Exciting set pieces with a funny and thrilling story. The characters were well done and the dialogue was fantastic.

Mass Effect 2 or 3 - The first one was fantastic in terms of story but I believe that, while maybe not better, both 2 and 3 had amazing stories and refined the gameplay to something really fun. Really this slot could just be the series of Mass Effect.

And for the fifth slot... Uhhh I don't know... One of the below that I can't choose between:
Red Dead Redemption - Great, living open world. Tons to do and just fun to be in. The story was great too.

Catherine - Fun, unique, and challenging gameplay with a very well done and pretty adult storyline. Plus appar
ently I'm a good person... so that confirmation was nice.

Halo Reach - I felt that Bungie did absolutely amazing in sending off their time with the Halo series. The gameplay was freshened up with AAs and the story was good too (not as good as ODST though).

Metal Gear Solid 4 - I am just now catching up on pieces of the series I missed but even back when I play MGS4 it was a great story and looked phenomenal... I can't wait to get back to it on my current full playthrough of the series.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl - Contrary to popular internet opinion, I think that Brawl did everything better than Melee. I though the characters were better realized (though having three almost Foxes is still stupid). The story mode was fun to watch though it did get boring to play, but there were moments in the cutscenes that made up for that. Plus there was tons of music and that was awesome.

Dead Space 2 - Did just about everything better than it's predecessor and was just an all around great experience. The gameplay was fun and the story was exciting and had it's share of horrifying moments.

Minecraft - it's Minecraft... not much more to say.

I went a little overboard... but I can't leave some of those games out...
---
This user is awesome!:
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/user.php?board=927246&topic=44002798
#8NejiHyuga900Posted 3/10/2013 4:18:36 PM
My top 5 favorite games from the Seventh Generation of Video Games, including indie games:
1. Phase Shift (PC) - I love rhythm games, especially Guitar Hero games, and Phase Shift is a FREE PC indie rhythm game that utilizes in-game elements from both Guitar Hero AND Rock Band games. Link to download this free rhythm indie game: http://www.dwsk.co.uk/index_phase_shift.html

2. Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (Xbox 360) - I am a huge Guitar Hero fan and GH:WoR is one of my favorite GH games (along with GH: Metallica) since it uses the latest Guitar Hero features, it has a lot of songs (and one of the songs that I requested for a GH game which is "Fury of the Storm" by DragonForce).

3. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii) - My second favorite Zelda game. I love almost everything about this game but the things that I hated from this game are the swimming controls (but I am getting use to them) and the Sacred Realm trials.

4. Sonic Generations (Xbox 360) - My favorite Sonic game, along with Sonic Adventure 2: Battle. I was so excited to see both Classic Sonic the Hedgehog (1991-1998) and Modern Sonic the Hedgehog (1999+) in one game.

5. Call of Duty: World at War (PC) - While I do hate this game on Xbox 360 (because of hackers), I love World at War on the PC because the PC version supports Mods so I can play custom zombie maps all day and play against bots in local multiplayer with the Pezbotwaw mod so I wouldn't have to deal with the modded/hacked servers.

I will also throw in a 6th game from the 7th generation that I liked.

6. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Xbox 360) - While people do hate Call of Duty right now because of the lag and bad spawns in the multiplayer and the games are getting repetitive, I love this game mainly because of the campaign (best CoD campaign IMO), features, and easter eggs (especially the easter egg on Nuketown 2025).
---
Xbox/Windows LIVE Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji | Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
I am a thunder dragon. Hear me roar thunder and breath out lightning!
#9velvet_hammerPosted 3/10/2013 4:26:18 PM
mgs4- kojima is god
bayonetta- best gameplay ever
dark souls-one of the best rpgs with a unique and awesome mp
de;hr-DE games are masterpieces
rdr- R* best game this gen
---
"F*** weed, I'm smoking Bob Marley's ashes."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6svFbckq5s
#10PatchworkPosted 3/10/2013 7:49:29 PM
In no real order, since I can't divvy them up that much because they're all fantastic:

The Witcher 2: Hands-down one of the best role-playing games I've played in years, and though many found the combat infuriating or lackluster, I rather enjoyed it.

Halo 4: For the most part, surpassed my expectations. 343i needs to work on post-release support in terms of fixing theater, etc., but the game is a very, very solid product. And the campaign was pretty damn good.

ME3: Unbelievable game. The ending wasn't what I expected, but that, for me, doesn't diminish the fact that the rest of the game was stellar. Combat, customization, and plot were all improved over 2.

Deus Ex: HR: Phenomenal game. I hadn't expected such a polished experience when I picked it up, and I was pleasantly surprised to find the entire game to be entertaining and engrossing.

Fallout 3: Hadn't played a Fallout game before this, and though I wasn't a fan of Oblivion, I decided to pick this up. I enjoyed the world and the storylines and all of the sidequests. It was post-apocalyptia done right.
---
The mind is its own place, and in itself
Can make a heav'n of hell, a hell of heav'n.