This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tomb Raider Angry Review

#61SunDevil77Posted 3/16/2013 4:27:05 PM
Carte360 posted...
don_juan_darko posted...
His review of LA Noire is a perfect example of paid off butt-kissery, sorry, no-one can be that legitimately enthusiastic about LA Noire. Nope.

LA Noire was an awesome game, too bad gamers like you can only sit down for an average bowl movement before stopping, ala cod.

Please...dear god....stop using that excuse. I hated LA Noir, but I am not a "CoD Drone" at all. Actually, I'm pretty much the opposite.
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson
#62Rome218Posted 3/16/2013 4:29:50 PM
Carte360 posted...
don_juan_darko posted...
His review of LA Noire is a perfect example of paid off butt-kissery, sorry, no-one can be that legitimately enthusiastic about LA Noire. Nope.

LA Noire was an awesome game, too bad gamers like you can only sit down for an average bowl movement before stopping, ala cod.

I had a bowl movement. It consisted of mostly whole grain fiber and milk.

It was then followed by a bowel movement that consisted mostly of whole grain fiber.
---
I served 8, in war... my father served 23, in war... both of my grandfathers served, in war. WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, GWoT, etc. - ScarecrowES
#63JukainPosted 3/16/2013 4:38:00 PM
Duwstai posted...
So yeah, his review is pretty much spot-on. I'd have given it a 10, but he has a point about the useless and horrible multiplayer. While he gives it a 9, he says it's a must own and gives it the badass seal of approval, so you can see where the minus one point comes from... and it's fair.

When reviewing a game you dont start at 10 and just subtract for every bad thing. It doesnt work like that.

I didn't say it did. I'd give it a 10 overall because I don't play the multiplayer so it doesn't affect my score. But if I counted the multiplayer and its horribleness, then it would prevent the game from being perfect, so 9 tops.
eLiTeRiChxUK posted...
Just the fact he calls her Laura.... not Lara -_-

I cringed during his SoulCalibur V review too because of Vye-Oh-Lah, Pye-Ruh, and a few others. Pronunciation isn't his strong suit, but that doesn't kill the review.
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#64Carte360Posted 3/16/2013 4:40:52 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Carte360 posted...
don_juan_darko posted...

Please...dear god....stop using that excuse. I hated LA Noir, but I am not a "CoD Drone" at all. Actually, I'm pretty much the opposite.

Was my comment directed at you? Don't think so, unless you yourself consider yourself that kind of gamer.
---
Why would Microsoft worry about exclusives when it has the awe-inspiring Kinect to sell consoles. - MrRGerk
#65Rome218Posted 3/16/2013 5:03:03 PM
Carte360 posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
Carte360 posted...
don_juan_darko posted...

Was my comment directed at you? Don't think so, unless you yourself consider yourself that kind of gamer.

I'm that kind of gamer! I forgot to mention that I found what I believe to have pieces of corn in there too. I ate at Chipolte's this week, can you believe a damn beef burrito with guac cost damn near 10 dollars? And people want to complain about 10 dollar DLCs like Dead Space 3.

10 dollars does not get me as far as it did 5 years ago. Cigarettes are more expensive, beer is more expensive, food as well. Why do people feel that their 10 dollars of 2008 is just as powerful today?

Anyway, why do you get offended if others do not enjoy the same game as you? Or even worse, attempt to insult them? Number 1: It's lame. 2: See number 1.
---
I served 8, in war... my father served 23, in war... both of my grandfathers served, in war. WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, GWoT, etc. - ScarecrowES
#66lightfighterPosted 3/16/2013 5:09:23 PM
I wish I had not watched this.
#67Carte360Posted 3/16/2013 5:13:55 PM
Rome218 posted...
Carte360 posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
Carte360 posted...
don_juan_darko posted...

I'm that kind of gamer! I forgot to mention that I found what I believe to have pieces of corn in there too. I ate at Chipolte's this week, can you believe a damn beef burrito with guac cost damn near 10 dollars? And people want to complain about 10 dollar DLCs like Dead Space 3.

10 dollars does not get me as far as it did 5 years ago. Cigarettes are more expensive, beer is more expensive, food as well. Why do people feel that their 10 dollars of 2008 is just as powerful today?

Anyway, why do you get offended if others do not enjoy the same game as you? Or even worse, attempt to insult them? Number 1: It's lame. 2: See number 1.

Lol if you think I care what other people like.
---
Why would Microsoft worry about exclusives when it has the awe-inspiring Kinect to sell consoles. - MrRGerk
#68PerfectZer0Posted 3/16/2013 5:26:36 PM
L4YER_CAKE posted...
Why does he pronounce her name as "Laura?" His voice, words, and face make we wish I had aids. I've still yet to watch one of his reviews all the way through.

We all know it's Laura. deal with it. Even back in 1996 I always said Laura. Don't be an ass.
---
I'll be at my favorite space pub, drinking Strongbow, and playing Bullet Soul. ~Cheers to you awesome spaceship shooter!!~
#69Rome218Posted 3/16/2013 5:26:40 PM
I only thought it because that is how you presented yourself. Why would you lol?

That would be like if I dressed in hot leather pants with a leather outfit that had chains on it, and went to a gay bar. Then when someone tried to hit on me, I reply with "What the hell? You think I'm gay? Hahaha, why would you think that?"

I didn't come to my conclusion based on nothing. Do you remember the post you made in reply to the guy who said Angry Joe is paid off because he enjoyed LA: Noire? Then you posted back about gamers who can't keep their attention longer then a bowl movement. It wasn't that long ago. It felt like it was only yesterday, but it was less than an hour ago I think.
---
#70L4YER_CAKEPosted 3/16/2013 9:52:01 PM
PerfectZer0
Posted 3/16/2013 7:26:36 PM

We all know it's Laura. deal with it. Even back in 1996 I always said Laura. Don't be an ass.

Wow, if this is serious I have to say I'm kind of appalled. I'm not sure if it's because she's fictitious, or you've never had a girlfriend, or you're just being willfully sexist but what you're saying is incredibly offensive. Lara is a real name and people have it. I don't know if you have ever been called by a different name than what's yours but it's dismissive and hurtful.

Matter of fact my best friends wife is named Lara and she hates it when people call her Laura. My wife has a similar problem because she's named Kitty, people call her Katie and it makes her feel small.

Even if you forget all of that though the fact of the matter is that Joe is being paid to review games, therefore he is a professional game reviewer and that doughy **** can't even get the hero's name right? Kinda kills his credibility, especially considering her name was affixed to some of the game's titles themselves, and Lara was one of the only female characters that defined the ps1's generation.

You my friend may need to look in a mirror the next time you call someone an ass.
---
Braid. Save the princess. Contemplate the world. Save yourself.