This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Binary Domain: Possible the most overrated underrated game this gen?

#11NeoGeoXSegaPosted 3/12/2013 8:51:56 PM
Killah Priest posted...
I'm basing my shock in the 10's of others on the first point as much, if not more, than the second point. I thought overall that game needed a LOT of improvement.

you mocked others for having a different opinion, I was just saying how a 10/10 to a lot of people does not mean without any faults. I also am one of those that gave it a 10/10.

I’m STILL shocked to find you would give it a 10/10. I’m not mocking the opinion of anyone who felt that the game deserved that score, only that the game seemed to have enough objective flaws that it wouldn’t typically fall into a 10/10 range for a lot of people. That’s my take; if it was 10/10 for anyone, then good for them.

People gave it 10/10 user scores just for the fact it was an above average game & was completely being overlooked by most big name sites & thus would get no chance to sell good.
---
"gone are the days of creativity, and playing japanese games because you secretly wish you were japanese" -CinisterX
#12Arucard05Posted 3/12/2013 9:11:14 PM
Game is great.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
It's better than bad.
#13Halo_ForeverPosted 3/13/2013 12:03:19 AM
Deadly Premonition is a better candidate, the gameplay in Binary Domain is very competent for an absolute cover shooters and the bosses are some of the best I've seen,
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#14TheBlueStigPosted 3/13/2013 7:32:45 AM
Killah Priest posted...
10/10 = super fun, couldn't have had more fun.

10/10 =/= without any faults.

You're completely insane, when someone gives a game a perfect 10, they DO mean the game doesn't have any faults.

So if the game DOES have faults then it does NOT deserve a perfect score.

Do you get it yet?
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#15Arucard05Posted 3/13/2013 7:49:05 AM
You're completely insane, when someone gives a game a perfect 10, they DO mean the game doesn't have any faults.

You're BlueStig, so I feel like I shouldn't respond to this seriously, but...

Goddamn that's dumb.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Home of the world famous Retroulette™.
#16headwounds13Posted 3/13/2013 8:03:02 AM
when someone gives a game a perfect 10, they DO mean the game doesn't have any faults.

"Hi, I've never heard of a review scale, please disregard the stuff I say."
---
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/p/headcase.html
http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx259/headwoundss/129167586636177506-1.gif
#17BBBanks03Posted 3/13/2013 11:04:51 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
Killah Priest posted...
10/10 = super fun, couldn't have had more fun.

10/10 =/= without any faults.

So if the game DOES have faults then it does NOT deserve a perfect score.

Do you get it yet?

No, he was right. If that were the case for a 10/10, the score would have never been achieved, as there is literally no such thing as a game without any faults. What a 10/10 is generally regarded as, is a game whose faults are so few, or so minor in comparison to the enjoyment of the game, that the entertainment value you receive from the game is "perfect."
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#18Chrono1205Posted 3/13/2013 11:42:19 PM
Killah Priest posted...
I'm not a professional reviewer so I don't need to be responsible with my scoring, I can just base them on pure personal fun.

This
---
"The 'Net is a waste of time, and that's exactly what's right about it." William Gibson